The Tinsley Towers demolition morning megathread

Looks like some of the remnants have just about gone

An open email to yorkshire@itvlocal.com - feel free to pass it on if you want..

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing this email in complaint of the coverage provided by your website of the demolition of the Tinsley Cooling Towers.As your colleagues in broadcast seemed too preoccupied in showing "The Graduate" again and not provide a live feed from the event(even though journalists from your nightly news programme were on-site with a camera crew and satellite link to cover the event for not much more financially than the cost of showing the movie and probably would have attracted more viewers!),your promised coverage of the event was a godsend to those who would not be able to make a visit to see it live.

With it's constant denial of service,and failure to link to your live feed,you have systematically disappointed thousands of people who had stayed up well into the early hours to see a piece of Sheffield history disappear,only to be denied the opportunity by your shambolic website? Well,believe me,this will not be the last of the emails of complaint you will recieve.

Once again,ITV Yorkshire have failed Sheffield when it mattered most. Does "War Of The Monster Trucks" ring any bells for you? Probably not,but you interrupted coverage of Sheffield Wednesday's first cup win since 1936 for it.When a large event happens in South Yorkshire,you fail your viewers in that area by providing minimal coverage,or interrupt it for something less meaningful.A man in Seacroft loses his dentures,it makes the headlines at 6pm.You see where I'm coming from? There still seems to be a marked balance to those in the West of the region,even though I know your patronising reply will state otherwise.

If you are to provide a truely local service,become local again - as you cannot run this from London or Leeds.With Calendar South,you had the opportunity to reach out to an appreciative audience in South Yorkshire by providing a uniquely local service.But no,in the interests of the pounds,shillings and pence,you scrapped it,and moved back up the M1.

In this world of available media,via newer and quicker methods,you will need to adapt or die and give the customer what they want,or else they'll go elsewhere.Events like tonight won't help your case for keeping the life support on,when you're on your last legs...

I feel you owe the people of Sheffield and those who have left their home city but still pine for South Yorkshire a massive apology for letting them down again.

Dear Compound Kid

Thank you for your email.

Here in Leeds, we didn't even realise that electricity had reached those other untouchable places outside of the former boundaries of West Yorkshire. We thought we'd place a perfunctory link to the interweb thingy, not expecting for people to be bothered to watch. After all, it's not in Leeds is it?

I must also report that at that very time, a dog was found in Hunslet who could say 'sausages', and a pint was spilt in Castleford's premier Working Mens Club (won Best Pie award in 1972), not to mention the heinous crime of a curry being dropped in Huddersfield.

I'm sure you'll understand that such important matters would take precedence over a minor bang in ........ where did you say?

We'll endeavour to give your incident more attention when Ms Talbot has had her fifth layer of foundation applied. She might know more about it than anyone else. She once went to Wath after getting the wrong train, so has more knowledge of your bit of the country than anyone else here.

We do look forward to your continued support, and don't forget to vote in the 186 competitions which we're running (£3.50 per text), all of which are guaranteed to have a genuine winner!

Terms and conditions possibly available on request.

The above statement may not be true.

Your input is valuable, and will be used in conjunction with a further blue sky thinking convention in the future. Remeber though, tomorrow there will be live and exclusive coverage of International Caravanning from Hebden Bridge!

Happy viewing!

Mine sincerely,

pp (as there's no way you could be important enough for me to sign this)

A. N. Onymous

Dear Compound Kid

Thank you for your email.

Here in Leeds, we didn't even realise that electricity had reached those other untouchable places outside of the former boundaries of West Yorkshire. We thought we'd place a perfunctory link to the interweb thingy, not expecting for people to be bothered to watch. After all, it's not in Leeds is it?

I must also report that at that very time, a dog was found in Hunslet who could say 'sausages', and a pint was spilt in Castleford's premier Working Mens Club (won Best Pie award in 1972), not to mention the heinous crime of a curry being dropped in Huddersfield.

I'm sure you'll understand that such important matters would take precedence over a minor bang in ........ where did you say?

We'll endeavour to give your incident more attention when Ms Talbot has had her fifth layer of foundation applied. She might know more about it than anyone else. She once went to Wath after getting the wrong train, so has more knowledge of your bit of the country than anyone else here.

We do look forward to your continued support, and don't forget to vote in the 186 competitions which we're running (£3.50 per text), all of which are guaranteed to have a genuine winner!

Terms and conditions possibly available on request.

The above statement may not be true.

Your input is valuable, and will be used in conjunction with a further blue sky thinking convention in the future. Remeber though, tomorrow there will be live and exclusive coverage of International Caravanning from Hebden Bridge!

Happy viewing!

Mine sincerely,

pp (as there's no way you could be important enough for me to sign this)

A. N. Onymous

:hihi:very very very good:hihi:

North tower has now callopsed.

:hihi: :hihi:

yes. my sister just text me to say that it went on its own.

North tower has now callopsed.

Still looks up on sheff cam. :huh:

yeah they've updated and it's still there...

have you got a link jibbs?

I have a pic...

there's deffo summat still up.

have you got a link jibbs?

RS said it had callapsed and as soon as i posted it then said partially, always happens to me to make me look like a plonker :hihi:.