The Tinsley Towers demolition morning megathread

I've e mailed itv too. what a waste of my time and missed an historic event.useless gits

If it had been in Leeds they'd have got it working spot on.

MJ

I always have done.

E.On said that a strong gust of wind would have took them down.

Now, if anyone's ever drove a high sided vehicle across the viaduct, they'll know what it's like. How strong does it have to be??

Whats the odds on this "Eco power plant" becoming another retail park?

EON couldn't put an eco power plant next to the old towers, so commercially they had to come down.

I suspect that that is the ONLY reason why they have come down.

Sheffield Corporation put the towers up; EON (a multinational company based in Germany) tried to take em down.

Make your own analogy with Sheffield and German's trying to demolish our buildings.

Fred Dibnah

yes your right. jrowl. just tired waiting for itv :mad:

An open email to yorkshire@itvlocal.com - feel free to pass it on if you want..

Dear Sir/Madam

I feel you owe the people of Sheffield and those who have left their home city but still pine for South Yorkshire a massive apology for letting them down again.

You'll be wasting your time. ITV have already said that when everything goes digital that they don't want a public service obligation - i.e. local news. They're already closing regional news offices across the country, you'll be lucky to get news from Yorkshire in 2 years time....

Just got back from site of destruction,I was a lone protester but got interviewed by South African Journal. Mindless destruction. A historical and powerfully memorable night. The ******** blowing up the cultural heritage of the city. I urge you all to boycott E.On. My banner read E.On, F.Off in case anyone noticed....

Itv sucks! Would'nt work when you need it. :mad: :mad:

Bring in the bulldozers...

:suspect:

I didn't take that film lisa. :hihi:

I was just saying how good it was.

Gutted they've gone. :(

I know you didnt film it, I thought youd posted it hun x

just emailed itv to tell them how crap they are.and so to bed ,young uns up in a couple of hours.need sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

what an experience that was the anticipation while waiting then first the small charges could be heard then the loud blasts and literally within seconds they were both gone leaving a cloud of dust. But as the mist cleared above the height of the viaduct you could see the remains of one of the towers that had not been demolished. Oh dear what happens next. Tv Text says some of the top of one landed on the viaduct and the M1 may not be reopening soon. (don't know how true that is.)

Anyway it was a good experience crowds of people on Meadowhall car parks getting a great view.An impressive blast apart from the bit that doesnt want to leave Blackburn Meadows. See what its like in daylight in a few hours time, probably chaos again.