The Tinsley Towers demolition morning megathread

do you reckon it will be heard around the city? or is that a stupid question...?

Just listening to Planet Rock, and they've just played a really sentimental track. Despite connections up here, I lived for ages in London, and the song that reminds me of my first real, real girlfriend (I was 15, and she was 22 ;)) is "Private Investigations" by Dire Straits.

She was the reason I came back up to live here. Seemed ironic that that came on then (not heard it for years), as two of our most famous features are about to be demolished.

do you reckon it will be heard around the city? or is that a stupid question...?

Yes unless they make silent Semtex these days..

Everytime I try and open the live stream it crashes my internet:rolleyes:

So looks as though I'll be listening on Radio Sheffield

Ive just been woken up by my neighbours dashing out of their house on route to see the towers!! :loopy:

I know its a once in a lifetime thing, but did they have to make so much bloomin racket on their way out??? :rolleyes:

I live on Wybourn we can always hear meadowhall when its don valley fireworks we just sit on the doorstep and watch lol

It will be over in 30 seconds too! I'd rather stay at home.

It'll be on calendar all day tomorrow for those who want to keep it. First at 6am.