The Tinsley Towers demolition morning megathread

Is it true about the rumours that the protesters will be chained to the towers later on in the morning to stop it all going ahead???

Is it true about the rumours that the protesters will be chained to the towers later on in the morning to stop it all going ahead???

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if it was true. Still won't stop it completely though :(

stupid childish nonsense, where was the protests for the hole in the road or the egg box and loads more i don't doubt :rolleyes:

Protest info on Indy Media - Sheffield. Not sure how up to date it is tho' :)

I can't understand why they're pulling them down! This is ridiculous. Why is there no protest?

I think it's quite low-key. Go to Indy Media - sheffield to find out :)

I was amased at the number of people - including me - who were photographing bits of conrete at tinsley this morning

What time are they going down tomorrow and where's the best place to watch?

Well my opinion is , i really want the to go , cos' they are just lurching over but i will be there in a few hours to see them demolished

xo

Every traffic Camera capable of seeing the Towers is pointed at them at the moment

oh my gosh! !!! this is big!

Just imagine if things went a little turbo next weekend and part of the viaduct was taken out.

So apart from total traffic chaos, what would the consequences be of such a thing happening.

personally I hope they really do take the viaduct out, a last act of rebellion and all.

Why on earth are they doing it at such a ridiculous hour :huh::loopy:

Why on earth are they doing it at such a ridiculous hour :huh::loopy:

Because the M1 has to close.