The Tinsley Towers demolition morning megathread

Just imagine if things went a little turbo next weekend and part of the viaduct was taken out.

So apart from total traffic chaos, what would the consequences be of such a thing happening.

it would go wobblewobble oops it fell down i think this would be quite funny,lmao thinkin bout this cos its best laid plans of.... so funny still lmao

i did think it was a bit silly that they've put the explosives in line with the lower viaduct, rather than in the space between them. but then i guess i'm no explosives expert! lets hope they are.

i did think it was a bit silly that they've put the explosives in line with the lower viaduct, rather than in the space between them. but then i guess i'm no explosives expert! lets hope they are.

Im guessing thats a way of minimising air flow between the levels of concrete (minimising vibration) therefore using the stronger part of the viaduct as a shock absorber.

Maybe what ive said is all ****** too though lol !

We would probably get riddiculed on national and international news for about a fortnight.

I presume Eon would be fined and the bridge repaired in around a year or so.

I very much doubt it would happen anyhow, I might even stand on the bridge to take some photos.

It would be funny as hell if it did happen.

In the time they've been messing about, they could probably have taken them down brick by brick!

I remember years ago, there used to be some sort of tall chinmey we could see from our kitchen window, like the ones you used to get on the swimming baths? One day my mother said, "That chimney looks different today", she kept on about this for a few days, "I'm sure that chimney is getting smaller" and so on. In the end Father got his binoculars out and sure enough there was a man on the chimney, working his way around and down ... it took him a while but in the end, the chimney was gone.

No explosives, no danger, just patient work ... also no excitement, lots of dust and muck and crowds going "ooohhhhhhhh" either! :D

In the time they've been messing about, they could probably have taken them down brick by brick!

A bit difficult as they are not brick they are concrete.:rolleyes:

Just imagine if things went a little turbo next weekend and part of the viaduct was taken out.

So apart from total traffic chaos, what would the consequences be of such a thing happening.

I would pee myself laughing

It would give them the opportunity to make a superb Sydney Harbour style bridge, at least four lanes per side.

It means it would have been well worth staying up until 3am on Sunday morning to watch it happen!! ;)

A bit difficult as they are not brick they are concrete.:rolleyes:

Don't be so pedantic :rolleyes:

You know what I mean .... a couple of blokes, hammer and chisel each ... job's a good 'un! :D

It would give them the opportunity to make a superb Sydney Harbour style bridge, at least four lanes per side.
It would be nice to have Tinsley Viaduct not being a bottleneck but rather the opposite. The double deck setup is very pratical but the motorway level ought to be rewidenned. The style is also a little boring... Flat deck, no features. Something in the neighbourhood ought to be a feature... Cooling towers?