7yr old who asks lots of questions

:help:At what age do you answer your childrens personal qeuestions.

Mine is 7yrs old (boy) who asked me about give birth and how it happens, where the baby comes out? I tried the tummy bit (i had a natural birth) but he asked to see my scar..... get out of that one... so I told him, it didn't seem to bother him... however..............

He has seen my tampax in the bathroom cabinet a few times and asked me what they are. I have previoulsy shrugged it off, but yesterday he asked " when will you tell me what they are?" again I shrugged it off.

At what age do you tell a boy about periods???? or do you ever. Maybe hide them away out of sight.

I have a 7 year old girl and try to answer her questions as honestly as possible, she knows babys grow in tummys and you need a mummy and a daddy to make a baby, she knows where the baby comes out, and as for sanitary towels, she calls them my plasters and knows that when shes older she will bleed and then she will be ready for babys, she accepted it all very well and doesnt ask questions anymore:)

my 2 boys (now 9 & eight) have never actually asked me. The 9 year old has just started doing sex ed at school so i'm guessing they'll tell him. Either that, or their 12 year old sister has told them things :suspect:

My five year old was watching her pet sea monkeys the other day and a couple of them were mating...

She said "What are those two doing, daddy?"

Mercifully I have a standard reply for all awkward questions like that, I simply say "Ask your mother"

Problem solved :D

I don't think its right to hide it from him, because then he'll grow up all sheltered.. Maybe tell him they're for when ladies are poorly once a month and they get poorly because it means they're old/big enough to have a baby? He'll more than likely then ask if he'll get poorly and obviously tell him no, only girls do :) Good luck

no don't use the poorly line lol! My OH refers to my periods like that (he's 31 :hihi:) and it REALLY annoys me lol.

My 7 year old daughter asked me where babies came from when she was about 5 i think (in the middle of the crisps aisle in asda...:suspect:) I think I simply said daddy puts a seed in mummy's tummy and it grows there until its big enough to be born. At that age she didnt really need further detail, and I think I bought her a book soon after with lots of pictures, she simply said 'oh THATS how they get out' lol and that was it. Sometimes she'll say things with a little snigger, so they've obviously been talking about it in the school playground :hihi: but I just answer her honestly, for example I remember her saying 'daddies use their willies to get the seed in don't they', think she expected me to be shocked (I was but kept calm, and hid in the bathroom to laugh lol) I just replied 'yes thats right', and now she just takes it all in her stride. Havent explained periods yet but she hasnt asked so I'll wait for her to come to me

If you speak to your health visitor, there are books they can lend you that explains it all pretty well for their age, without giving too much info out

:help:At what age do you answer your childrens personal qeuestions.

Mine is 7yrs old (boy) who asked me about give birth and how it happens, where the baby comes out? I tried the tummy bit (i had a natural birth) but he asked to see my scar..... get out of that one... so I told him, it didn't seem to bother him... however..............

He has seen my tampax in the bathroom cabinet a few times and asked me what they are. I have previoulsy shrugged it off, but yesterday he asked " when will you tell me what they are?" again I shrugged it off.

At what age do you tell a boy about periods???? or do you ever. Maybe hide them away out of sight.

I think you're being a bit overly concerned Stefy. In my experience it's much better to be honest and open with kids (within reason) than to try and give them the wrong information. About giving birth - howabout telling him that women have a special place between their legs that the baby comes out of when it's time to be born? About periods - women bleed once a month from the same place; it's not like being poorly or injured, but you need the tampons to stop the bleeding and keep yourself clean and fresh.

I think that if you give your lad honest and straightforward answers like these it'll satisfy his curiosity and make him much more likely to grow up feeling comfortable around woman and their ways that they're different from men.

I don't think its right to hide it from him, because then he'll grow up all sheltered.. Maybe tell him they're for when ladies are poorly once a month and they get poorly because it means they're old/big enough to have a baby? He'll more than likely then ask if he'll get poorly and obviously tell him no, only girls do :) Good luck

Like Honeyb35 I think that's not a good way to explain it; periods are a completely normal and natural process and not a disease or illness! ( I know they can be pretty uncomfortable and unpleasant sometimes, but I just think 'poorly' sends oput the wrong kind of message.

My daughter asked what my tampax where for and i said when she gets older she will have something called a period which all women get, and that its nothing to worry about. She just looked at me and said "ohh great!!"

Thanks for that everyone, perhaps if he asks again about the tampx thing, then i'll tell him the true.