Pet euthanasia; when to give up.

Wow what an amazing turn of events!

But when you name a dog Ripley, what do you expect?:hihi:

What a story, just read thro all of your posts, bet you've aged about 10 years (in the nicest possible way of course!)

Hugs and best wishes to you n Ripley, hope everything turns out good for you both.

Doesn't bear thinking about things if you had of taken the vets advice and had her put to sleep *shudders*

Thank Goodness you didn't.x.

It has been a trying few days, Riply is in a lot of pain and we're swopping and changing painkillers to try to help but all in all she's healing well. Monday she'll be having her stitches out and we should get pathology results on the tumour. I've learned a valuable lesson about trusting my gut instincts and knowledge of her behaviour. So fingers crossed she'll be swimming in skeggy with us again next year :)

Thank you so much everybody for your kind words, she's had extra hugs and treats from you all!

I'll keep you informed!

Hi guys, I'm sorry for leaving it so long! I'd honestly forgotten about it all. She's been all clear in the bladder since the operation :) She does however have slow growing cancers all over. The vets are not keen to operate on her because of her age and her unwillingness to wake up last time she had an op. She's been right as rain although exercise has to be slow and not for too long. She's showing signs of slowing down and weakness these but still begs for treats and gets up to mischief!

I think she'll be leaving us at some point but I really don't think it will be soon and will be when she's ready.

Thanks for all your support and kindnesses.

. Just a moment ago she was fetching her toys for me to play with her!

Presumably this is how you want to remember your dog rather than a late night rush to an emergency vet, only you can decide when the time is right.

So Glad things are looking up I pray for a very happy xmas and 2010

give riply loads of xxxxx and cuddles from me and my hounds

seadog xx

When the time is right, Riply will tell you.

Just the look in her eyes will say it all. Just be strong when the time does come and please please make sure you're with her until the very end. Don't leave her to go it alone.

Big cuddles from me too xxx

Well. 2 years 8 months from that first post. I didn't realise it'd been so long. She's really been a trooper but sadly has gone now; very peacefully in my arms with the vets help. I did 'know' and she gave me a gift of a very relieved look and sigh as she passed.

RIP Rip, September '96-April '11.

Well. 2 years 8 months from that first post. I didn't realise it'd been so long. She's really been a trooper but sadly has gone now; very peacefully in my arms with the vets help. I did 'know' and she gave me a gift of a very relieved look and sigh as she passed.

RIP Rip, September '96-April '11.

Sorry to hear the news :(

It is nice that you got to spend so much more extra time with her before her time came :)

I'm sorry to hear that you've lost her, but how fabulous that you got all that extra time with her!

How typical that a loving dog's last thought was to look into your eyes :)

It's lovely to hear that you had a longer time with her than you had thought.

It's never easy to have to make the decision to take them for the "Long Walk", but it's all part of being a loving and caring owner, and knowing when it is "that time".

She had lots of love from you, and you gave her the gentle and dignified end that our furry family members deserve.

Rip, Ripley, XX