Chewing Gum In Hair - A Solution

After getting over the shock of overlaying this morning I was confronted with another problem. I woke my daughter up to find chewing gum in her hair! Aaaargggh!!

First thought was there must be an answer to this problem without cutting her hair. Quickly booted the 'puter up and google came up with the result. Cooking Oil. In desperation I tried it and you know what? It works! :thumbsup:

Just thought I'd share this with you. :hihi:

After getting over the shock of overlaying this morning I was confronted with another problem. I woke my daughter up to find chewing gum in her hair! Aaaargggh!!

First thought was there must be an answer to this problem without cutting her hair. Quickly booted the 'puter up and google came up with the result. Cooking Oil. In desperation I tried it and you know what? It works! :thumbsup:

Just thought I'd share this with you. :hihi:

That is a really handy tip. I was going to suggest ice cubes to make the chewing gum brittle. I almost feel like putting chewing gum in my hair and getting it out with cooking oil now, I'm sad like that.:D

That is a really handy tip. I was going to suggest ice cubes to make the chewing gum brittle. I almost feel like putting chewing gum in my hair and getting it out with cooking oil now, I'm sad like that.:D

I had to act quick.

The first suggestion was toothpaste :o but it said you have to wait for it to work. As my daughter had 30 mins to get to school I couldn't afford to wait to see if that theory worked. Thankfully the oil trick did. :)

Why was your DD going to school in the middle of the holidays (you lucky woman!)

Why was your DD going to school in the middle of the holidays (you lucky woman!)

The school holidays finished last weekend for us! :D

I'm glad it worked. Chewing gum isn't as bad as it used to be. I remember as a child I was always getting the stuff round my mouth from blowing bubbles. My Mom would go mad at me and scrub my face with lard mixed with sugar -- it hurt like hell!:o

Bloody Germans :hihi: So efficient.
How about the Americans -- summer holidays are 3 months long here!:)

I want shorter holidays! The kids are bored stiff by 3 weeks

Bloody Germans :hihi: So efficient.

Not totally. Southern Germany are still on holiday. It's staggered holidays over here so that the whole of Germany isn't on holiday at the same time.

That's why there's always so many Germans abroad.:hihi:

Sorry, going waaay off topic.

Chewing gum isn't as bad as it used to be. I remember as a child I was always getting the stuff round my mouth from blowing bubbles. My Mom would go mad at me and scrub my face with lard mixed with sugar -- it hurt like hell!

:gag::gag: That would have put me off gum for life.