See for miles from from Ringinglow / Hallam

Yes I'm a regular visitor the best views are usually in the winter months on a frosty day.

Went up to Grenoside (Greno Knoll radio mast) today and could clearly see the Humber Bridge and York Minster - though not so easy to photo! This was best I could do of the bridge:

humber-2

What magnification did you use, and could you see it with standard binoculars?

I was using 10x50 binoculars, was an easy spot once you knew the direction. I took the pic with my phone camera through the binoculars!

Went up to Grenoside (Greno Knoll radio mast) today and could clearly see the Humber Bridge and York Minster - though not so easy to photo! This was best I could do of the bridge:

humber-2

We're moving to Green Moor and someone who lives there told us on a clear day you can see the Humber Bridge. I didn't think it was possible! Now I believe it!

It's even higher up there, some lovely views, great place to cycle. You'll easily see the York Minster when the sun shines on it, and the N York moors behind it. On a very clear day you can also see the white horse at Kilburn.

you can see even farter if you stand on the hill at herdings were the twin multi stories are and even better view if you wait till someone comes out or goes in. then go to the top floor and see the panoramic view of most of Sheffield. see into Derbyshire, and the other windows see the north side leading to parson cross, swing round and you get meadow hall to Rotherham, and Doncaster getting in is quite easy just a bit of patience ,

I was thinking the same thing as I drove past these flats the other day.

Many years ago I visited the top floor of one to repair a tv and the occupier mentioned that in high winds the water in the toilet bowl moves about.

It's even higher up there, some lovely views, great place to cycle. You'll easily see the York Minster when the sun shines on it, and the N York moors behind it. On a very clear day you can also see the white horse at Kilburn.

Can't wait to get up and have a look! Thanks

you can see even farter if you stand on the hill at herdings were the twin multi stories are and even better view if you wait till someone comes out or goes in. then go to the top floor and see the panoramic view of most of Sheffield. see into Derbyshire, and the other windows see the north side leading to parson cross, swing round and you get meadow hall to Rotherham, and Doncaster getting in is quite easy just a bit of patience ,

Top typo! :hihi:

Was pretty clear today, I managed to get a hazy picture of the White Horse at Kilburn:

horse-2

I could see the Bilsdale transmitter too, but too faint to image. Still, 54 and 64 miles respectively!

Could see York Minster well too in the sun:

minster240516p

This is awesome... I'm totally going to have to get up there with my camera and tripod...

How accessible is this? I have to walk with a crutch now, but can still manage reasonable terrain...