See for miles from from Ringinglow / Hallam

Pretty sure it can be seen from Grenoside.

Selby Abbey , unsurprising also can be seen

Woodhead Road at Grenoside, near Rainbow Kennels is a great spot. As butlers says, the white horse can be seen from there but again you need really good conditions. The horse itself has deteriorated somewhat as the limestone discolours - they refresh it periodically which makes it an easier spot. 

I've also got shots of some of the summits in the Dales from there, as well as other structures at York, such as the grandstand at York Racecourse and the tower at Terry's chocolate factory. I'll try and dig them out :)

As a greno lad growing up the cranes at Goole were visible too.

My old neighbour on Middle Lane used to say Blackpool tower could be sighted too..

A take I might have believef when much younger

I've seen some cranes and silos at Goole, so I know that's possible! But Blackpool tower hidden by the hills unfortunately.

22 minutes ago, supersonic said:

Woodhead Road at Grenoside, near Rainbow Kennels is a great spot. As butlers says, the white horse can be seen from there but again you need really good conditions. The horse itself has deteriorated somewhat as the limestone discolours - they refresh it periodically which makes it an easier spot. 

I've also got shots of some of the summits in the Dales from there, as well as other structures at York, such as the grandstand at York Racecourse and the tower at Terry's chocolate factory. I'll try and dig them out :)

Ahh thanks, this is a subject which continues to interest me.

Yeah would be cool if you could get them shots up! Has anyone got any shots of Drax from Sheffield? I imagine it’s layout of cooling towers and massive chimney means it would look quite imposing.. despite being a fair distance away.

This is Drax from Woodhead Rd, though I think I've got better pics somewhere:

DSC01103-01-01

The fields at top of St Helena also have a ridiculous field of vision to the east too.

Think in the olden days there were 5 power stations to be seen

15 minutes ago, supersonic said:

This is Drax from Woodhead Rd, though I think I've got better pics somewhere:

DSC01103-01-01

Cheers 👍

4 minutes ago, butlers said:

The fields at top of St Helena also have a ridiculous field of vision to the east too.

Think in the olden days there were 5 power stations to be seen

Yeah sounds about right - very different now most of Ferrybridge & Eggborough are gone.

Thorpe Marsh on the Don and High Marnham on the Trent are long gone and Cottam will soon follow I imagine.

Where about’s is St Helena?

It's the formerly unpaved farm track that runs uphill from the midpoint on Topside.

Was our favourite sledging hill.

Mind you we were not short of choice up there

This has one I took a couple of years back of York:

FB_IMG_1543263214910-01-01

1 is the hospital. 2 the Minster. 6 the Racecourse stands, 7 the chocolate factory and 8 the chimney of the old Foss Island power station.

10 minutes ago, butlers said:

It's the formerly unpaved farm track that runs uphill from the midpoint on Topside.

Was our favourite sledging hill.

Mind you we were not short of choice up there

Thanks 

10 minutes ago, supersonic said:

This has one I took a couple of years back of York:

FB_IMG_1543263214910-01-01

1 is the hospital. 2 the Minster. 6 the Racecourse stands, 7 the chocolate factory and 8 the chimney of the old Foss Island power station.

Impressive photograph thanks for sharing that. The hills behind the Minster must be a fair distance away I imagine.