When to have a garden fire

nah, get it burnt. A good blaze is fine, as long as your neighbours don't have washing out or windows open.

thats why i have a fire in the evening

I do not have a problem with garden fires but why do some people like a near neighbour of mine always start a fire when the sun is shining and washing is out.Also why do they try to burn green garden rubbish that continually smokes for hours on end,I wonder if it is some sort of disease.

Because it's hard to start one and keep it going in the rain :hihi:

I've got loads of stuff on my allotment that I want to burn as it seems the quickest and easiest way of doing it. Trouble is, it keeps raining so it's all wet now...

Ditto max. It's called pyromania.

There's no excuse now for bonfires since the council (in its wisdom), introduced green bins. It's much more environmentally friendly to compost your waste (via the green bin) rather than burn it.

What green bins? Are they from Sheffield council or do you live in a different area, melv? I certainly don't have one. My parents do, but they live somewhere else entirely.

How about just say to your neighbours "hey, unless it's peeing it down next saturday afternoon (or whenever) I'm going to have a small fire to burn some garden waste" so that they know and can plan their washing hanging-out around it - or - if they already have plans for their garden that day like friends or family around for a BBQ, you can re-schedule.

OR - if you get on well with them, why not suggest that if they have anything to burn on that day, they join in then sit back with a couple of cans, poking the fire and enjoying it together?

Edited by Squiggs