When to have a garden fire

I do not have a problem with garden fires but why do some people like a near neighbour of mine always start a fire when the sun is shining and washing is out.Also why do they try to burn green garden rubbish that continually smokes for hours on end,I wonder if it is some sort of disease.

Ditto max. It's called pyromania.

There's no excuse now for bonfires since the council (in its wisdom), introduced green bins. It's much more environmentally friendly to compost your waste (via the green bin) rather than burn it.

Word of warning-burning materials such as plastics will produce toxic, carcogenic smoke and fumes, not very nice on the neighbourhood.

There's no excuse now for bonfires since the council (in its wisdom), introduced green bins. It's much more environmentally friendly to compost your waste (via the green bin) rather than burn it.

But you can't barbecue over a green wheelie bin, and fires are so primeval and so much pleasure. Most of mine (and I have a lot) are in a big cast iron chimenea and don't produce much smoke once they really get going. Wood only.

But you can't barbecue over a green wheelie bin, and fires are so primeval and so much pleasure. Most of mine (and I have a lot) are in a big cast iron chimenea and don't produce much smoke once they really get going. Wood only.

I've no problem with that Yog.

What green bin where? Will it hold over 20 Hawthorne trees?

You can get green sacks free from the Council. The just ring them up and they'll collect them and compost your waste.

Having said that, I love a good blaze :D

You can get green sacks free from the Council. The just ring them up and they'll collect them and compost your waste.

Having said that, I love a good blaze :D

What will they collect?

I would have thought it was less mess and hassle for me just to burn the wood.

What green bin where? Will it hold over 20 Hawthorne trees?

Do you know anyone with a wood burning stove or a chiminea? I'm sure they would take it off your hands, & probly saw it up as well.

ive had a steel drum in my garden and ive burnt everything and anything in there for years and long before it was "cool" to re-cycle . i`ll be having a fire tonight ,grtting rid of all my privit cuttings and other gardens waste. it saves taking it to the tip .

ive had a steel drum in my garden and ive burnt everything and anything in there for years and long before it was "cool" to re-cycle . i`ll be having a fire tonight ,grtting rid of all my privit cuttings and other gardens waste. it saves taking it to the tip .

Looks as though you've burnt your dictionary as well:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Do you know anyone with a wood burning stove or a chiminea? I'm sure they would take it off your hands, & probly saw it up as well.

Well I do but he lives in Worksop and it's a complete garden full which is stopping me from the next stage of the works I'm doing on my house. I don't have time to be ferrying wood about. I genuinely don't see a problem with having a controlled fire in my garden.

nah, get it burnt. A good blaze is fine, as long as your neighbours don't have washing out or windows open.