Sign in to follow this  

Is Westfield really that bad?

i live in westfield, and it's fine.

it got lots of bad press, because of the murder, but that was a drunken fight and could have happened anywhere.

as long as you don't go creeping round the backs of pubs in the middle of the night, you'll be ok ;)

honestly though, i've never felt afraid to go out after dark, etc and i think you'll find that the people there are generally friendly as they mostly are in sheffield.

they're may be a few kids hanging around on the corners, but tell me a place where you don't get that?

the meadowcroft area is actually one of the nicer areas in westfield.

oh, i just wanted to add, there is NO DRUGS AND CRIME PROBLEM.

i've been living here happily for twenty years now.

I have been here for a week now and cannot complain seems a decent area. Don't fancy the golden keys tho :o

Is that the only pub? Do you have to venture to Mosborough for a friendly pub?

the mill / joseph glover on station road is quite nice, but there are loads in mosborough

i'd give the golden key's a miss ;)

Originally posted by rarstar

oh, i just wanted to add, there is NO DRUGS AND CRIME PROBLEM.

i've been living here happily for twenty years now.

You wanna get onto SYP and the Star for reporting that there is and for the bobbies for backing it up in that case!

>You wanna get onto SYP and the Star for reporting that there is >and for the bobbies for backing it up in that case!

Sorry, maybe it's just me but I haven't got a clue what that's supposed to mean.

I haven't read this topic, but using my translation skills I think DaBouncer is saying: If you think there is no crime in Westfield, then you should ask the press/police why they are so interested in reporting/policing the area.

I might be wrong, but I think that's the jist of it :)

Yeah thats pretty much it. Sorry if you guys missunderstood.

SYP = South Yorkshire Police.

Press = Newspaper.

If you live there then I'll take your word for it... as I have never lived there.

However, I read in the Star, Gazette and the Leader that Westfield had a high crime rate and drug problems which SYP (see above) were attempting to takle and take control of.

An SYP officer made a statement re: the future ideas on tackling the problems within the area.

It even had a few of the residents comments stating that people were afraid to go out after dark because of the gangs of youths and violence in the area. I will have a scout for the report I read in the paper (some while back) but don't hold your breath.

I can only go on what I read and hear, as I don't live there.