Upholstery Class / Evening Course Search

Hi Everyone,

Here at Running With Scissors (http://www.rwssheffield.co.uk) we have been thinking about putting on a upholstery course. If there is a resonable amount of interest I will investigate finding a tutor. I would imagine that it would centre around bringing your own project, restoring the structure of the chair and then learning the upholsterry skills. It would probably take a number of weeks, with maybe a bit of work at home.

Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll see what we can do! :)

Emma x

Hi Emma

This is something I would also be interested in. If you do go ahead could you please let me know.

Many thanks

Sarah

Dear All,

The Unique Seat Company began running Traditional Upholstery Courses in Sheffield back in June 2012 and are now running short 2 day courses (weekday and weekend) and 8 week evening classes. All courses/classes are suitable for beginners.

From later in 2013 we will also be running 5 day courses suitable for either beginners or intermediate levels.

Please e-mail [email protected] for full details or visit our website http://www.theuniqueseatcompany.co.uk

Kind regards,

H Jones

Hello I was wondering if you or anyone knows if they are still doing the course ?

Thanks , I have contacted you :)

I too have been looking for a local upholstery course. Amazed/disappointed that i cand seem to find anything at either sheffield or chesterfield colleges.

If you're only intending it to be an hobby, have you considered asking any local upholsterers if they'll be willing to let you help out for free on saturdays?. I should imagine you'll be tea mashing and sweeping up half of the time, but once you grasp the basic techniques, you'll still learn more than you ever would at college. I was in the industry for 11 yrs, and you wouldn't believe the amount of students iv'e seen bringing in half finished college projects that they were unable to finish.

Dear All,

I am the owner of The Unique Seat Company based here in Sheffield. We currently run 2 day introductory courses, 5 day beginners courses and 5 day intermediate courses in traditional upholstery.

If you would like to send your details to [email protected] I would be more than happy to send out more information to you. Or you can visit the website for full information

http://www.theuniqueseatcompany.co.uk/upholstery-courses-sheffield/

Many thanks and kind regards,

H Jones.