Upholstery Class / Evening Course Search

I would really like to learn upholstery and am trying to find out if there are any upholstery classes, preferably an evening course, running anywhere in Sheffield.

Does anyone know of one?

Thanks loads

Lucy :thumbsup:

I am still looking for a local upholstery course. Anyone know of any in Shefffield, preferably an evening course. Thanks loads.

That's something I would be interested in too. Let me know if you find anything?? I might have a word with the people who run Antics on Ecclesall Road to see if they would do it/know someone who does as they re-upholster and recondition furniture.

Hi did you ever find an evening course? I've been looking and the best I can find is a weekend course in derby :( Would be really interested if you did find something in Sheffield - thanks

Hi did you ever find an evening course? I've been looking and the best I can find is a weekend course in derby :( Would be really interested if you did find something in Sheffield - thanks
Are you wanting an NVQ with it, or is it just a hobby?

More of a hobby, but I'm not adverse to getting a qualification. As long as its an evening course and not too expensive. The weekend course I've found is just under £400.

There is a sewing shop at Attercliffe, (Direct sewing & knitting supplies?) they run courses.

More of a hobby, but I'm not adverse to getting a qualification. As long as its an evening course and not too expensive. The weekend course I've found is just under £400.
Do you already work full time?

Hi yes I do work full time so it would have to be either evenings or weekends. Thanks

Hi yes I do work full time so it would have to be either evenings or weekends. Thanks
If you're only intending it to be an hobby, have you considered asking any local upholsterers if they'll be willing to let you help out for free on saturdays?. I should imagine you'll be tea mashing and sweeping up half of the time, but once you grasp the basic techniques, you'll still learn more than you ever would at college. I was in the industry for 11 yrs, and you wouldn't believe the amount of students iv'e seen bringing in half finished college projects that they were unable to finish.

Dear All,

I am the owner of The Unique Seat Company based here in Sheffield. We are intending to start 2 day courses and/or evening classes in basic upholstery skills late in 2012.

If you would like to send your details to enquiries@theuniqueseatcompany.co.uk I would be happy to send out more information to you as and when it becomes available.

Many thanks and kind regards,

H Jones.