Where was the hippodrome in Sheffield

2 hours ago, jad279 said:

I thought the Hippodrome was in Barkers pool , where Cole Brothers was.

Definitely  Cambridge Street near Nel's Bar if any one remembers that.

I remember walking down Cambridge Street past the Hippodrome in the Summer Holidays 1962. It was still open at that time.

Fond memories  of the Hippodrome. Remembering going with school to see Marlon Brando in Julius Caesar 1954 'ish.  The following week was Calamity Jane as I remember the trailer when on the school visit. Saw Calam'  with Doris Day following week with family. 

Memories of queueing up Cambridge St, round corner into Wellington St when there a good film on. Sneaking a glimpse into Nells Bar when the door opened, seeing the stars in the night sky when the roof was open on balmy summers nights.

Past it on a daily basis for three years when started work on Wellington St. Left Sheffield 1961 to return 1966 after it's 1962 demolition.

Read some time a go it was the theatre where Vesta Tilley made her last performance. Look her up on Wiki you young 'uns, big music hall act , both in Britain and United States.

On 04/02/2020 at 12:31, jad279 said:

I thought the Hippodrome was in Barkers pool , where Cole Brothers was.

That was the Albert theatre.