...Itching arm...do you have one?

does anyone here suffer a itchy arm, ive had it for months now, tried alsorts of creams, piriton etc inc betnovate but no luck, drivin me crazy lol

Have you tried antihistamines? I suffer from itching, but mainly my back and a doctor friend told me to try these, and they work.

Try Daktarin cream. Although mainly for athletes foot you may have a fungal infection on your skin, and the anti-itch creams won't have any affect.

I had a bad patch of itchy skin behind my knee for over a year and was prescribed all manner of steroid creams to no avail. It was only when I saw a different doctor he suggested it may be bacterial and prescribed Daktacort cream (Daktarin is just the same). It cleared up in just over a week.

My goodness, I am completely freaked out...

As I just clicked on this section of the forum I was scartching my arm cos I had an itch, and then this is the first post I saw!! :shocked::shocked:

Try not scratching, and no, I am not being sarcastic. I had a similar problem with my legs and my GP said that in the absence of any other cause, repeated scratching makes the itching worse.

I had terrible exzema and I got instead of the usual Betnovate, (that didnt work for me either), the Betnovate 1% Cream, its much stronger and along with that and anti-hystamine tablets it went within a week.

tried all of the above apart from the Daktarin, I shall give that a go tomorrow.

Did you see that TV programme about people who had an uncontrollable arm?

I have'nt got to smackin myself around the head yet lol... the one on mi shoulders

:o:o I missed it!!