Annoying telephone calls - 01143072308

Anyone know who the number 0114 307 2308 belongs to ?

I've been rung about 6 times this morning and the phones just beeps when answered. I've rung the number back and it's just an answer machine. If I find out who it is I'll just report them to the TPS as I'm ex-directory.

I have a 2nd line beginning 01143 - its an orange broadband number (the one you get when you connect a phone to the livebox)

This is quite useful but 0114 307 2308 isnt on the list.

No use for you this time but bookmark it for future use.

Just type the number in the top left and any results forthat number will come up in the list with comments..

It's on a Virgin line...

Code: 0114 307

Area: Sheffield

Locality: Sheffield, South Yorkshire

Operator: Virgin Media (Telewest)

Tariff Band: National (inc VAT)

Service: Geographic

sounds like its a fax line trying to connect to your phone line?

I have dealings with Sheffield Primary Care Trust and their numbers begin with 0114 305 if that helps.

sounds like its a fax line trying to connect to your phone line?

If it's a weird set of high-pitched noises, yes. If it's just a single beep, or a repeated sequence of beeps, no; more likely one of those annoying places where a computer rings 20 numbers at once on the grounds that perhaps one of them will pick up, and if more than one pick up then all but one of those get ignored, while the first one is yabbered at by the salesman.

If it a fax/modem noise, then it's probably just someone who has entered a wrong number into their machine, and may not be a commercial number at all.

Is it perhaps worth ringing TPS and reporting the number? I don't know if they can do anything from a number alone, any more than you can.

I have just had a call from this number 08716641448 and typed it into saynoto0870.com it is a company called sat support Ltd and there is a link to BBC Watchdog (http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/watchdog/reports/consumer_goods/consumer_20080310.shtml) with information about them selling warranties for Sky systems, and not informing people who they actually are so beware if you get a call from here

If its an annoying call, just contact your phone provider and report it. They'll do all the leg work, find out who supplied the number and who leases it.

there's a side issue here.... a lot of people seem to think the code for sheffield is 01142, when in fact it is 0114.

All the old six digit numbers were given a 2 as a prefix and from within sheffield can be dialled as a 7 fig number without the 0114. you won't connect without the 2.

As this batch of 7 figure numbers are used up, the next series with a 3 prefix have begun to be issued, I had colleagues and clients moving home and being given this type of number up to 2 years ago

What I'm trying to say is that 01143 doesn't tell you anything about the end user except it originated in the 0114 area and is a recently created number.

i used to have this problem few years ago with my old number every day i would get at least 2 calls every day when i reported it i was told its a fax number trying to contact you or they have put the wrong number in. it was annoying.

Now used by another company.

Just received an automated message from them, trying to sell cheap phone line/broadband. I'm registered with TPS, but they called anyway.

Granma.