What's your favourite Hitchcock film?

Has to be Rear Window and North by Northwest for me. Never heard of Rope - will see if I can order it off lovefilm. The Birds was too scary and I think you might mean Norman Bates - but I can't remember the title. The shower scene is still too scary to watch! And I agree, Kim Novak was beautiful, so was Grace Kelly. Liked his blondes did Hitchcock.

it has to be tie between Psycho and Rope for me

Psycho i can watch and watch and watch.

'Psycho' is the film I was pretending I couldn't remember the name of.

'Rope' is based on a true story about two young men who kill somebody just for kicks. It's filmed in a series of long takes. so film time matches real time. I found it a bit stylised and implausible. James Stewart returns to their apartment just after the murder, because he's forgotten something and becomes suspicious of their jittery behaviour. Not one of Hitch's best.

Patrick Hamilton, who wrote the play Rope was based on, insisted it was not based on the true story it was alleged to be based on.

Edited by pb63

Got to be The Birds for me.

Though really enjoyed Strangers on a Train too.

Big Hitchcock fan, big thumbs up to Alfie! :thumbsup:

Definitely North by North West, if just for the 'crop dusting' scene! It still spooks me out no matter how many times I see it!

Rear Window for me..... It was the first Hitchcock film I saw and it enticed me into buying all his stuff.

39 Steps Best Spy film ever made.

Its got to be MArnie - Sean Connery sooo sexy in it. Think it was Tippi Hedron (Melanie Griffiths ma). Loved the bit in it where he kisses her by the door when she is frightened by lightening..... Ive got it on old videa may have to watch it now.

has to be Rear Window for me also, loved it!

Psycho

I'm still distraught that i never got to watch this film without knowing who the killer was from the start!

I can't wait till i suffer complete memory loss and get to see it the way it was mean't to be seen!

Of course i am relying on you lot to remind me to watch it. :confused: