What's your favourite Hitchcock film?

I've decided to have a Hitchcock night tonight. :cool:(need a Hitchcock smiley)

My favourite film is Rope

I like Rope for its simplicity really, the actual action has happened, it takes place over the period of time it is set more or less and i like the long takes for cinematography geekiness.

Which one do you like and why?

I only watched this again the other night, I'd never heard of it till I started watching Hitchcock films a few years ago and think it's great. It's so simple as you say, in the DVD extras somebody said it'd have been better if you hadn't known David was in the chest but that's what makes it. You know and the guests don't.

Think I'm a bit more obvious though and have my favourite as Rear Window, I can just imagine sitting there watching all that stuff myself and it was good to finally see it after seeing that Simpsons ep so many years before. And the fact that it's all a big set in a studio is pretty amazing.

The Birds is my favourite. I say favourite but actually it scares the poo out of me, and I have a phobia of birds due to watching it as a child. *judder*

Hmmm, it's hard to choose. Probably Rear Window, Vertigo or North by Northwest. I like Spellbound and The Man who Knew Too Much too. I've not watched any HItchcock for ages, for shame!

I'm hoping the classic films at Cineworld will produce one. If they do, I'll organise a meet.

I had an experience that reminded me of the birds once, I was driving during the night and stopped at some services about 4am where it was half light. The otherwise empty carpark was full of crows! Just sitting there or hopping along the ground. Very eerie and silent.

A really old Hitchcock film I saw once was Mr and Mrs Smith, at first when the recent film of the same name came out I thought it was gonna be a remake ;)

Whenever I see a crow it reminds me of The Birds. The famous scene with the playground is so iconic. It's a shame that the special effects have aged so badly, but it's still a great film.

its got to be Rear Window for me.

absolute classic.

I agree with you, EdnaK (is that a first? :hihi:)

I love Rope.

Intellectual humour.

Another vote for Rope here.

The format is based on a play, and it shows. I'd love to see a live version

When I first watched it I was thinking "I'd love to see this on stage", had no idea at the time that it was one first, of course it seems obvious when you know.