The worst sequel you have ever seen

Starship Troopers 2 and 3

Starship Trooper 2 was very bad, it had vertually nothing to do with the original one, and was shot nearly all in the dark.

On the other hand, Starship Trooper 3 was back to the original in many ways and wasnt that bad IMO.

Matrix reloaded, by miles and miles and miles

also I should mention Chronicles of Riddick, as I thought Pitch Black was a really interesting film executed well. And that Chronicles.. wasn't

All the Robocop films (apart from the first one) were crap.

And unfortunately I read somewhere recently, that someone is doing a remake of the first one, to be released in 2010 iirc... No, just, no! The original was a late 80s classic IMO, and the accompanying licensed game was one of the first Spectrum games I completed WITHOUT an Infinite Lives cheat so I have happy memories of it.

As I write I'm watching Legend of Zorro on DVD, the sequel to 1998's Mask of Zorro.

I wouldn't say it's the worst sequel, hell it features lots of scenes of Catherine Zeta Jones in posh dresses :love: but IMO its storyline isn't quite as good as that of Mask of Zorro.

Just another thought-I love Beauty and the Beast! And I daren't watch number two, becuase I just know it will spoil it!

The Naked Gun got progressively worse with each one, I found 33 1/3 really boring.

Back to the Future 3 is my least fave of the three by far, mostly because I can't stand any wild west settings. I still watch it cos it finishes off the story.

Austin powers 2, couldn't wait to see it after the first one, which is in my top five favourite films, and it was absolute crap. Everyone semmed to have forgotten how to be their character, the plot was a joke and all the so called humour was just toilet jokes and smut, not one clever or witty line in the whole film!

Off the top of my head, Hostel 2. I'm not saying Hostel is a masterpiece or anything, but it's a good bit of wholesome gratuitous torture fun. The sequel is just the same film with a different cast and none of the impact of the original. Yawn.

Robocop 2 and 3, the first one was an 80s classic, Robocop 2 sucked, it was all OTT violence and little to no plot, and Robocop 3 was crap, cos the violence was removed to make it "kid friendly" for the lower age rating.

Robocop 2 and 3, the first one was an 80s classic, Robocop 2 sucked, it was all OTT violence and little to no plot, and Robocop 3 was crap, cos the violence was removed to make it "kid friendly" for the lower age rating.

Agreed - both Robocop sequels are awful & not a patch on the original.

Had you heard there's going to be a Robocop "reboot" movie directed by none other than Darren Aronofsky (sp?). Should be interesting to say the least - I'm hoping he goes the Pi route & we end up with a weird horror movie about a Jewish robot mathematician :)