The best time of day to have my first driving lesson

I am planning to book my first driving lesson any day now, I have never driven before and am planning on having a 2 hour lesson.

I can't decide what time of the day to have my first lesson, usually I will be having them in the evening, but I was thinking that for my first time i would have it in the day time?

Does it really make a difference?

Hi I'm a driving instructor and find that at this time of year first lessons are great in the morning as the kids aren't at school and the traffic doesn't start getting that busy until lunch time. It all depends on where you live I suppose. I've got a new pupil planned for tomorrow at 9.30 and we'll be hopefully building up to a lovely drive out on Abbeydale Road from Millhouses Park up into Derbyshire. Hope your lessons go well and have fun.

I tend to have mine around 6.30pm on a friday evening as everyone tends to have finished work early and their is never much traffic on the roads, i go up grenoside and there abouts! good luck!

I'd have it in the morning. Not as much time to get nervous!

I'd have it in the morning. Not as much time to get nervous!

Agreed - my first driving lesson was at 6PM and I was bricking it all day! And it was in the winter as well, so it was in the dark. By 5.45PM I was a total bag of nerves, pacing the floor, biting my nails etc - however, my instructor soon put me at ease and I came home feeling about ten feet tall:thumbsup:

Be guided by your instructor. He/she is doing it evey day!!

You've got enough to be stressed about without worrying about a minor detail like that

Hi,

To be honest I dont think it really matters when you have it because you need to learn to drive at all different times anyway and most likely your instructor will take you somewhere where theres not alot of traffic anyway.

Good Luck!

it's all been said really, your instructor will find you a quiet place for your first lesson no matter what time you start.

However, there are more quiet places after 9.15am and before noon than there are at later times, therefore the lesson can be closer to where you are picked up and more driving "by you" can take place, as opposed to you being driven by your instructor

Good Luck and enjoy, if it aint fun, it aint right! - at least at this stage anyway

perhaps when Mr Busman ie asleep

shebba