Would you live in S12 or S20?

Hi

Moving with hubbys job at the end of the month? Choice for renting is S20 or halfway S12. Not from Sheffield so don't know areas..any advice would be very welcome/

Carol

which bit is S20?

sheffield can be really patchy wrt areas, so a more specific location is usually needed

have a look through some older threads here (use search) as there is loads of useful info on where to avoid

are there any other criteria you need to fulfill - eg schools or transport links?

Hi thanks, have been trawling through all threads looking for advice. Theres not many 3 bed, with garage long term lets in Sheffield and only have 2 weeks to move. S12 - Kirkby drive and S20 - halfway. We don't have many choices:-( Only other criteria is good transport links.

Thanks for your reply thou

I'm not from Sheffield myself, so am not well up on most areas, but we chose Woodhouse for it's accessibility to the motorway and town

We've since found lots of other things we like about the place too ('advanced search' for 'woodhouse' and put 'strix' in the username box)

there's a house on Beighton Road with a 'to let' sign outside at the moment, which looks to be 3-4 bed with garage

Steer clear of the badger estate though ;)

Given those two options, Kirkby Drive every time. It's at Hollinsend, and pretty quiet. Very close to Hollinsend tram stop.

Halfway isn't S12 though... halfway is S20, too.

Charnock, Hollinsend and Gleadless Townend is S12

Thanks for your reply...The only thing I'm worried about it Kirky Drive ( S12) looks like its near to Gleadless...is that a high crime area or would it be just enough away from it?

Would say S20,I'm from other side of Sheffield but been here for 12 years and am happy,all you want is around S20.

hi ad ,just like above ,i have lived in both of these areas s12 and s20 ....

i am currently in s20 so that really says it all .......

s12 ginves u a quicker access to city centre ...

but s20 give u a little bit more space to breathe with all sevices

you need on your doorstep shopping centres, country parks ,it is all down

to preferences would not move from here to anywhere else in sheffield....

hope you find what you want .

Hi

Thanks for all your thoughts. My preference was with Halfway and thats where we are going...

thanks

carol

Thanks for your reply...The only thing I'm worried about it Kirky Drive ( S12) looks like its near to Gleadless...is that a high crime area or would it be just enough away from it?

Not that near. You're thinking of Gleadless Valley, which is really quite some way away, and not quite as bad as people make out in any case. Nearly everything around that part of Hollinsend is owner-occupied, and the age range is relatively high.

There's nothing wrong with Halfway, but Hollinsend is better by a country mile in my opinion.