The Home Game - Carlton Palmer's estate agency; have they gone pop?

A friend has been trying to get onto http://www.thehomegame.net which is the website of Carlton Palmer's estate agency.

It's as dead as a dodo. Are they still in business or have they disappeared?

wouldn't be surprised ,he does tend to have the reverse midas touch

He was however a fine servant of Hillsborough, so let's see a bit of respect here.

I couldn't find the website either - maybe its just having technical problems...

They closed down, a few weeks ago now, and very suddenly. It's really sad as they did a brilliant job on selling mine and their staff worked really hard. I recommended them here before but I suppose in this environment even doing a good job doesn't entirely protect you. It seemed really bad luck though, in terms of the timing of them setting up.

Guest pegmosaic

Xlent, IMO they were useless at selling houses!

that's presumably because you work for Blundells?!

He was however a fine servant of Hillsborough, so let's see a bit of respect here.

I couldn't find the website either - maybe its just having technical problems...

I'm sure that's a great comfort people. :hihi: :hihi:

Rather matches the England career then..

Guest pegmosaic
that's presumably because you work for Blundells?!

My opinion is more based on then trying to use an ex England footballer to try to sell houses, he should be looking to take Gary Linkeas place at Walkers or something on the same lines!

Unlike most of you i see selling houses as a serious business not somehting that you should use a 'celeberty gimic' to sell or be drawn in by.

I think you're all pretty much the same, good houses tend to sell themselves especially in a rising market.

Estate agents have all just lived on their own hype for far too long. This slowdown in the economy may well bring about a structural change in the estate agency business. Technology can do away with branch based estate agents. The future will probably be online ones that will be far cheaper than the fat cats we currently see in Sheffield.

My opinion is more based on then trying to use an ex England footballer to try to sell houses, he should be looking to take Gary Linkeas place at Walkers or something on the same lines!

Unlike most of you i see selling houses as a serious business not somehting that you should use a 'celeberty gimic' to sell or be drawn in by.

At the end of the day, it was always going to happen, unfortunately houses are taking much longer to sell, so their commission is not coming in as usual, we are so happy we stuck it out against everyone’s advice and comments 2roost grows stronger. I will not miss the home games orange board; I wonder where they got that idea from, eh?