Tokyou - New Noodle bar

Has anyone else been to this fantastic new restaurant at Castle Square?

Food is fantastic and really cheap - half the price (at least) of Wagamama. The staff are really friendly and it's much needed in that part of town. It's where that old cafe used to be with the horrible pictures of chips and beans outside (opposite TJ Hughes).

Tsingtao beer is only £1.60 a bottle too.

Apparently there is one in Liverpool which is always packed. I hope they do well.

:suspect: only a few posts and plugging a new restaurant - do you work there perhaps ????

That's the last time I give any recommendation of a new restaurant then. :confused:

Impressive detective work Loopylou, but on this occasion unfounded. I went to Tokyou with girlwiththeb earlier (we work together nearby) and can confirm that she doesn't work there. However we might get mistaken for working there in future as I think we'll be regular customers. Very recommended new eaterie, top food and service, great value too - check it out. :)

I stand corrected - glad you enjoyed the food - by way of an apology i will go there for a meal and eat my words.

sorry !!!

I have tried the one in liverpool. Very nice food indeed and quite packed just like girlwiththeb said.

As I am a student in liverpool, i only come bk to sheffield when im on term break. Suprise to see there is a noodle bar with the same name as the one in liverpool (not sure r they the same one?) :confused:

i am gonna try the meal from there in the next couple of days and hope it isnt gonna be disappointing. :)

P.S. I always support ppl who gives comments on new restaurant and food, so girlwithheb dont get detaunted by negative comments. :D

I went here on Thursday. It was really fantastic and the staff were very friendly.

I just hope its location doesnt end up making it close down. It was pretty dead when we visited

The girl who served us said it's the same as the Liverpool one.

Thanks InfernalHero!

Hopefully the new offices around there will keep them busy but they definitely need some advertising or flyers around town.

Tried this place last week food not to bad,great value for money. But shame about the location.

I feel this place will not last long, as we all know no one goes into town for dinner in the evenings.

Tsingtao beer is only £1.60 a bottle too.

Now, although the food will be my main reason to visit, this is cheaper then anywhere else I have seen it in the City Centre, great stuff!

Went here this week. Impressed with the food (tokyou ramen) and service. However it was very quiet (Weds lunchtime). Think it will struggle because of location. Cheaper than wagamamas but lacks atmosphere. Hope it does well.

Just been this afternoon and I thought it was really nice. The Mrs didn't like the duck because it still had the skin on but we'd just ask for it removed next time. Have to say I hope it does well it was really good and fantastic value!