Tired of the Gym?

To be honest I don't know if BMF is expensive or not, but what price can you put on your fitness, it might be great I don't know, go try it out.

Craig.

This BMF things is expensive.

They are using Graves Park - are they paying Graves Park rent, are they fully insured? If they are not paying Graves Park any rent then they have very low overheads to cover.

Why a joining fee? It's a class, not a club. I hate joining fees anyway and in my experience it is just another way to extract money from you.

Lets not forget the weather - you may pay upfront but if it is chucking it down are you seriously going to turn up? Will they give you a refund if the weather is bad (probably not!)

These guys are in it for the money. It is a business, yes, and good luck to them. But personally I would go for a run and find a decent circuit class to go to once a week - somewhere where there is a toilet.

The oldest person who does it is 63? Your beastings can't be up to much.

Are these 'instructors' actually reg/TA PTIs in disguise? Because I've done that course and I could set up a fitness session for a hell of a lot less than that.

This BMF things is expensive.

They are using Graves Park - are they paying Graves Park rent, are they fully insured? If they are not paying Graves Park any rent then they have very low overheads to cover.

Why a joining fee? It's a class, not a club. I hate joining fees anyway and in my experience it is just another way to extract money from you.

Lets not forget the weather - you may pay upfront but if it is chucking it down are you seriously going to turn up? Will they give you a refund if the weather is bad (probably not!)

These guys are in it for the money. It is a business, yes, and good luck to them. But personally I would go for a run and find a decent circuit class to go to once a week - somewhere where there is a toilet.

Firstly, I would like to respond by stating that if you think BMF is expensive, then that is you opinion. The only thing I would like to challenge is your negative attitude towards BMF when clearly you know nothing about it! You seem intent on trying to discredit it by asking , what I would consider, moronic questions such as 'are they insured' and do they pay Graves Park rent'. Would you go to David Lloyd and ask them is they have insurance to cover their members? Would you ask them if they are up to date with their mortgage payments or if they own their property? I suspect not. The only reason I can think of you asking these questions is to try and discredit BMFif they haven't. Well for your information they do not pay 'rent' to Graves Park, they PAY A LICENCE FEE TO THE COUNCIL. Clearly you just displayed your ignorance on this matter. BMF also have insurance cover for up to £5m. What kind of organisation do you think BMF is? Do you realise BMF has been running for 9 years and has nearly 60 venues nationwide?

Secondly, BMF is not just about classes and I would consider it to be a club. How many classes do you know that organise local social events, national and international challenges? How many classes do you know that organise skiing trips? How many classes do you know that do extra curricular activities such as climbing and camping. see facebook pages for BMF Liverpool if you think I'm making it up. As far as the joining fee is concerned, most people do not pay it as it can be waivered in most cases. If you are going to make moronic comments, I suggest you do you homework first!

Finally, what about the weather? Why would BMF give a refund due to bad weather? These are military themed fitness classes. The military don't just stop training when it is raining. Rugby players train in the rain, so do football players. The instructor are always there rain or shine and with their enthusiasm and skill and with the member's team spirit, the weather does not effect the challenging but fun classes.

Firstly, I would like to respond by stating that if you think BMF is expensive, then that is you opinion. The only thing I would like to challenge is your negative attitude towards BMF when clearly you know nothing about it! You seem intent on trying to discredit it by asking , what I would consider, moronic questions such as 'are they insured' and do they pay Graves Park rent'. Would you go to David Lloyd and ask them is they have insurance to cover their members? Would you ask them if they are up to date with their mortgage payments or if they own their property? I suspect not. The only reason I can think of you asking these questions is to try and discredit BMFif they haven't. Well for your information they do not pay 'rent' to Graves Park, they PAY A LICENCE FEE TO THE COUNCIL. Clearly you just displayed your ignorance on this matter. BMF also have insurance cover for up to £5m. What kind of organisation do you think BMF is? Do you realise BMF has been running for 9 years and has nearly 60 venues nationwide?

Secondly, BMF is not just about classes and I would consider it to be a club. How many classes do you know that organise local social events, national and international challenges? How many classes do you know that organise skiing trips? How many classes do you know that do extra curricular activities such as climbing and camping. see facebook pages for BMF Liverpool if you think I'm making it up. As far as the joining fee is concerned, most people do not pay it as it can be waivered in most cases. If you are going to make moronic comments, I suggest you do you homework first!

Finally, what about the weather? Why would BMF give a refund due to bad weather? These are military themed fitness classes. The military don't just stop training when it is raining. Rugby players train in the rain, so do football players. The instructor are always there rain or shine and with their enthusiasm and skill and with the member's team spirit, the weather does not effect the challenging but fun classes.

Sounds alright mate

BMF sounds like a good way to keep fit.

So is KICKBOXING!!!

Monday /Thursday at 830pm

KNOX Boxing gym

77 Sidney street

Sheffield S1 4RG

Each class is still only £5

The above times are for absolute beginners.

Ring 07775 914155 for details.

The oldest person who does it is 63? Your beastings can't be up to much.

Are these 'instructors' actually reg/TA PTIs in disguise? Because I've done that course and I could set up a fitness session for a hell of a lot less than that.

Oh dear!

Who even mentioned 'beastings'. That is exactly what BMFdon't do!

BMF do not beast ANYBODY! Why do you automatically associate military PT with a beasting? I would argue that this is a VERY NARROW MINDED VIEW.

BMFclasses are CHALLENGING for everybody, regardless of age and gender.

BMF also try to make their classes FUN and SOCIALLY INCLUSIVE.

A rubbish instructor can 'beast' anybody, but the talented instructor can modify his classes to ensure everybody is challenged and nobody feels like they are excluded because it is too easy or too hard.

PTI's in disguise? Ok, if you are running military PT classes, wouldn't it make more sense to have military PT instructors to do it? Actually, all BMF instructors have military experience and a recognised fitness qualification, but not all were/are PTIs. You mentioned Reg/TA, but you failed to recognise that BMF stands for British Military Fitness. If you did, then you ignorantly recognised the word Military as synnonymous with Army, which quite frankly is stupid. BMF instructors do come from the reg Army and TA, but also the RN, RAF, RNR, RMR, and auxillary!

By the way, I'd love to hear which quaification you have ATPC, RN RM PTI, RAF PTI? I think you could be useful to BMF. If you know how to Market, BMF, recruit and train their instructors and cut their overheads significantly and reduce the cost of the classes, I'm sure they would love to hear from you. Or could it be that you are under the impression that you just need to be a PTI and people will just turn up and pay you money?

Went along this morning to Graves Park and had a great time - I will definitely be back for more. Like BMF fanatic says, the best part is that it scales so well to ability, so everyone is pushed. For me, exercising with other people is key - when you work out by yourself its massively difficult not to fall into a comfort zone - if that doesn't apply to you then congratulations, but each to their own and in my (limited) experience, BMF and the type of activity they promote is not only valuable from a fitness perspective, but hugely enjoyable too. Two thumbs up :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What a rude response. Is this how you would treat a potential customer if they asked you about insurance?

I would not ask David Lloyd if they had insurance because they have a physical building. They have a duty manager and policies and procedures in place. There is a big green first aid box at reception. You are using a park. People often drink in parks, leave litter. Dogs poo in parks, there are a number of risks.

How many instructors are there? If one person injured themselves, then would that affect the rest of the class if one instructor had to deal with it?

I did say good luck to you, you seem to have missed that.

I have to say BMF fanatic is getting a lot of unfair stick for his classes.

As stated, these are military type classes and so (at a guess) the odd person slipping over on a pile of dog s:gag:it while chasing accross a park is not such a big deal.

I do think this silly issue of insurance is killing sport off, people have to accept that if you do sport there is an element of risk, after all if you can't accept that then don't take part.

Again to be fair, if someone got injured in a gym, that too is likely to affect the running of the class, so the comparisions are a little unfair.

The public all in all will decide if it is good value or not. To me sport is all about getting people to take part, doing something positive etc.... and if someone falls on their a:loopy:se while sprinting accross a field, then so what? have a laugh, pick your self back up and then get on with the rest of the class.

This class sounds different from the norm, time will tell if the public like it.

I signed up last week - it's good motivation .. much bnetter than the gym .. I'll see how it goes when it get's darker sooner.. :)

Just to let everyone know who may have been put off by the location that the current Tuesday and Thursday evening classes will be moving to Hillborough Park before Xmas.

Check the British Military Fitness (http://www.britmilfit.com) website for details as to when this will be.

Saturdays will still be at Graves Park, with the intention in the Spring to build both venues up to 3 sessions a week.