Saxton Mee making Redundancies

presumably there'll be a lot of second hand thesaurus's going free to a good home too....

Personally I prefer 'prospect' or 'semblance' ... but why not just say 'view'?

However, I have just been told that although various persons at Saxton Mee have (allegedly) been made redundant it is in fact the DORE and not the BANNER CROSS office that will (allegedly) close at the end of the month, Banner Cross being the busier office of the two.

Who's betting that neither the Star nor Telegraph will report this? Oh yes, it must be me.

Who's betting that neither the Star nor Telegraph will report this? Oh yes, it must be me.

they have finally got round to reporting Merlin Estates problems ,but you have to look for it

they have finally got round to reporting Merlin Estates problems ,but you have to look for it

Hmm, can't find Merlin Estates in the latest issue of Property Today. But I can't find any stories about their problems on the Star's website either. It's almost as if a company called Merlin never existed, as if they'd disappeared from view almost by...magic.

What exactly have they reported?

go to the star website and click on the business section . there is an article about a winding up petition

Thanks. I've just posted the link on the Merlin thread. Nothing on Saxton Mee though...

Guest pegmosaic

They have closed 3 branches and all staff have had to take a 5% pay cut

They have closed 3 branches and all staff have had to take a 5% pay cut

Which branches? I was told on Monday that only Dore was closing, at the end of this month. This from someone who ought to know.

Cant you just leave them alone. They are having a hard enough time of it as it is without every tom dick and harry laughing at their misfortune. These are hard times for everyone, no one is immune from this situation and i only hope that none of you find yourselves staring redundancy in the face. It is a very difficult time our company has just been through it. I was lucky and kept my job, but for how long?

looks like Dore, Crookes and Chesterfield.

Which branches? I was told on Monday that only Dore was closing, at the end of this month. This from someone who ought to know.

I have just had a letter from Bairstow Eves saying that their Franchise has been acquired by another company.

To be honest I'm not surprised. We have had our property on the market for a long time now and they haven't phoned or written for over 4 months now.

Does anyone know if I can get out of the selling agreement without payment as they are handing it on to another business?

Phylis,

Don't blame us for showing an interest in your business. Blame the likes of Kirsty Allsopp from Location! for pushing the housing market in to the biggest boom and bust ever. The banks also are guilty for throwing money out and letting people borrow at 110+% of a properties value.

You've had the good times and now it's time the Estate Agents paid for that pleasure.

I'm still waiting for Kirsty Allsopp to eat her hat as she promissed if house prices fell!!!!

Cant you just leave them alone. They are having a hard enough time of it as it is without every tom dick and harry laughing at their misfortune. These are hard times for everyone, no one is immune from this situation and i only hope that none of you find yourselves staring redundancy in the face. It is a very difficult time our company has just been through it. I was lucky and kept my job, but for how long?

Phylis,

Don't blame us for showing an interest in your business. Blame the likes of Kirsty Allsopp from Location! for pushing the housing market in to the biggest boom and bust ever. The banks also are guilty for throwing money out and letting people borrow at 110+% of a properties value.

You've had the good times and now it's time the Estate Agents paid for that pleasure.

I'm still waiting for Kirsty Allsopp to eat her hat as she promissed if house prices fell!!!!

My business isnt entirely housing related. I work for a consultancy with our fingers in many pots, however they are also pulling out on work. We work for all of the major concrete manufacturers who until recently have been extending premises. Now with no one buying concrete they cant afford to complete these projects. Warehouses are being pulled. It isnt just housing that is being killed it is every aspect of the construction industry.