Saxton Mee making Redundancies

There are a few qualified chartered surveyors out there in estate agency land, but you need to look carefully.

I wouldn't want them to survey my house, I would want them to sell it. In the USA you are required to 'dress' your home and then bugger off to let the negotiator do his/her business.

Qualifications, what a laugh as the first thing that they ask you is "have you thought of an asking price?" :confused:

I have just had a letter from Bairstow Eves saying that their Franchise has been acquired by another company.

To be honest I'm not surprised. We have had our property on the market for a long time now and they haven't phoned or written for over 4 months now.

Does anyone know if I can get out of the selling agreement without payment as they are handing it on to another business?

Look at your agreement. It will state how much you will have to pay if you decide to drop them.

Not sure what happens if the franchise is transferred, the original agreement will probably stand.

You could just say you are not satisfied with their service and let them chase you for the money.

My business isnt entirely housing related. I work for a consultancy with our fingers in many pots, however they are also pulling out on work. We work for all of the major concrete manufacturers who until recently have been extending premises. Now with no one buying concrete they cant afford to complete these projects. Warehouses are being pulled. It isnt just housing that is being killed it is every aspect of the construction industry.

Don't assume that everyone posting on here hasn't been affected in one way or another. Pretending it isn't happening won't make it better though. And to put it into context there are real disasters happening in other countries - the UK's problems are a bit of a sideshow compared to the world situation. I don't see any Russian tanks on the streets of Crookes or Parson Cross.

Don't assume that everyone posting on here hasn't been affected in one way or another. Pretending it isn't happening won't make it better though. And to put it into context there are real disasters happening in other countries - the UK's problems are a bit of a sideshow compared to the world situation. I don't see any Russian tanks on the streets of Crookes or Parson Cross.

Tell that to the thousands who are losing their jobs and homes. We may not be at war, however life is getting tough for people. Work is becoming harder to come by and more are losing work through redundacy. This mess is a long way from over.

Read that back to yourself again!

Its a bit of a pointless comment re. tanks on the streets . . .

Of course people are aware that there are things happening in other countries that are too horrible to even imagine.

This doesn't mean that your own problem is any less insignifigant.

even if your biggest problem at the moment appears to be spelling insignificant!

Read that back to yourself again!

Its a bit of a pointless comment re. tanks on the streets . . .

Of course people are aware that there are things happening in other countries that are too horrible to even imagine.

This doesn't mean that your own problem is any less insignifigant.

even if your biggest problem at the moment appears to be spelling insignificant!

Sorry, it was close!

Didn't realise there were grammar police on a site like this :)

Actually I think some people need reminding from time to time. We live in a soft and pampered country.

My Gran used to say 'worse things happen at sea'. She was from a coastal community - she knew that lives were actually being lost.

Where are the lives being lost in the falling house market? There are some sad stories affecting ordinary people - they have my sympathy.

There are some greedy so-and-so's who are learning that property speculation isn't a licence to print money any more - they don't have my sympathy. I don't see people dying in the streets. Some people need a sense of perspective.

Very true indeed Sad Owl. There are plenty of jobs available if they fancy a career change.

Very true indeed Sad Owl. There are plenty of jobs available if they fancy a career change.

Tell that to some of our clients who have work in the housing industry for the last 30-40 years. Where do they go from here. They have lost their jobs and cant just walk into another. Their career doesnt exist anymore. You cant be a junior at 50 (or more) years old. Most of them will end up doing dull jobs such as stacking shelves. Its a shame to see so many lose their jobs in a country that has a shortage of housing. Its about time this government stood up and did soemthing about this crisis instead of pretending it isnt happening.

The problem is that there is no money left in the pot to do anything. The smelly stuff has hit the fan and we have no reserves to save us from an economic crash.

As to your colleagues, the housing market has just gone through a huge boom and history should teach us that the british economy always goes through a cycle of boom and bust. The secret is to save in the good times and then you have support from the bad times.

Those who have just believed that this boom would go on forever and just lived for today don't have my sympathy.

Tell that to some of our clients who have work in the housing industry for the last 30-40 years. Where do they go from here. They have lost their jobs and cant just walk into another. Their career doesnt exist anymore. You cant be a junior at 50 (or more) years old. Most of them will end up doing dull jobs such as stacking shelves. Its a shame to see so many lose their jobs in a country that has a shortage of housing. Its about time this government stood up and did soemthing about this crisis instead of pretending it isnt happening.

The problem is that there is no money left in the pot to do anything. The smelly stuff has hit the fan and we have no reserves to save us from an economic crash.

As to your colleagues, the housing market has just gone through a huge boom and history should teach us that the british economy always goes through a cycle of boom and bust. The secret is to save in the good times and then you have support from the bad times.

Those who have just believed that this boom would go on forever and just lived for today don't have my sympathy.

And what about the people who have families and mouths to feed, mortgages to pay, bills to pay. What do they do. Saving isnt an option for everyone.