Saxton Mee making Redundancies

Just found out that saxton Mee are to make a number of staff at their Banner Cross branch redundant towards the end of August.

Don't know about other branches.

Is that official? Spoke to another agent this morning who said that all the Sheffield agents were having to make major cutbacks, though she didn't specifically mention redundancies. Plenty of building firms, solicitors, civil engineers etc. have cut jobs so it wouldn't be a surprise. The Star are apparantly shedding some staff as well - wonder if that's connected to the property downturn as well? Estate agents must be amongst Sheffield Newspapers biggest advertisers.

In the last couple of days, Saxton Mee have sent me two brochures for commercial property to rent. Both are currently Saxton Mee branche, neither was Banner Cross.

guessing Dore, Crookes and ChezVegas...? Looks like Winkworth are exiting Dronfield too...

In the last couple of days, Saxton Mee have sent me two brochures for commercial property to rent. Both are currently Saxton Mee branche, neither was Banner Cross.

Is that official?

My negotiator called me from that branch to tell me she has been made redundant. Pity, she seemed quite good.

Seems unfair to restrict it to one branch. I was quite impressed by Saxton Mee when they valued my house last year, I just didn't like the way they seemed to be proposing to bill me for large wads of cash whether they sold it or not. And it was never going to sell at the valuation they put on it.

Lot of innocent victims of the present financial debacle though - it's not her fault, is it?

as estate agents expanded they seemingly ignored the fact that they are in a cyclical business.

It's very unfortunate for the office staff, but I don't have much sympathy for the "valuers" and directors, given the actual qualifications they've got they've been riding their luck for a long time.

Presumably sales of winkle pickers, stripey shirts and bleached hair colouring will be taking a dive!

Presumably sales of winkle pickers, stripey shirts and bleached hair colouring will be taking a dive!

Baby-beemers and their like may languish on the forecourts as well.

By the way, what's a qualification? And one for the agents - what the f*** is an 'aspect'?

There are a few qualified chartered surveyors out there in estate agency land, but you need to look carefully.

presumably there'll be a lot of second hand thesaurus's going free to a good home too....