Mansfield dialect, Mansfield accent

Thanks! All gratefully received...

They also say "not it" in Mansfield instead of "isn't it" and don't try to buy a bread cake or you'll get some very strange looks!

They also say "not it" in Mansfield instead of "isn't it" and don't try to buy a bread cake or you'll get some very strange looks!

Bread cake = cob

Cow = something like caaaaaarrr

My OH is from Nottingham, so don't know whether they use all the same words, but the worst is 'Sucker' which means ice lolly!!!!!

Bread cake = cob

Cow = something like caaaaaarrr

My OH is from Nottingham, so don't know whether they use all the same words, but the worst is 'Sucker' which means ice lolly!!!!!

I work in a garage in rainworth and when the apprentice goes to the chippy on a friday i asked for a chip butty and the lad looked at me like i was speaking a foreign language its known as a chip cob??

Fost = 1st, the O appears or is substituted quiet a lot in spoken words.

Bod dot = bird dirt (poo)

That one took me a while to work out when I first heard it (my parents lived in Southwell for a number of years).

Cob is the main one that my boyfriend from mansfield insists on using :hihi:

I work in a garage in rainworth and when the apprentice goes to the chippy on a friday i asked for a chip butty and the lad looked at me like i was speaking a foreign language its known as a chip cob??

you go to Rainworth fish Bar next to fresh & tasty.

Did you know the fish bar is where they caught England's most wanted man back in the 60's, Donald Neilson AKA The Black Panther.

Bod dot = bird dirt (poo)

That one took me a while to work out when I first heard it (my parents lived in Southwell for a number of years).

father inlaw used to say bod tod

Allreet me duck, i'm just gooing rerned rez. (Are you o/k I am just going for a walk round the local pond)

Hark at it ert theer ( Listen to the weather outside)

Mosh