Whats the difference between different types of Corsa?

So im selling my 1.0L Corsa for a 1.2, and I dont want to hear the, "don't buy a Corsa" because thats what I want, but I need some help.

Whats the difference between an SXI, a Twinport, and a Club?

Im looking at a lovely 1.2 Club at the moment but i'de prefer an SXI as they are, (ide imagine), a bit nipper.

Any help ?

And there's me with my clapped out old fiesta I can't afford to swap.

Sorry, just jealous :hihi: corsas are nice to drive!

I love em, only reason im getting a new one is because the 1.2 engine is a bit more reliable than the 1.0.

Fiestas are nice too though!

The main difference is:

Red ones are owned by old women.

And all the other colours are owned by even older women.

I love em, only reason im getting a new one is because the 1.2 engine is a bit more reliable than the 1.0.

Fiestas are nice too though!

Not mine :D

:( Mines red and im 18!

Im getting a black one, or a metallic grey one hopefully so people instead of thinking im an old woman may think im a boy racer haha.

So can anyone help me?

Just googled it and it looks like 'Twinport' is more economical, SXI has sports suspension and variable ratio power steering and I couldn't see anything to do with club but you have a look - maybe that is just the standard Corsa.

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/car-reviews/car-and-driving/vauxhall-corsa-1.2-twinport-1005360.html

The main difference is:

Red ones are owned by old women.

And all the other colours are owned by even older women.

Is that why the older ones are the car of choice for boy racers, cheap to insure and easy to modify, having said that by wife is on to her third (newer unmodified models obviously)

Whats the difference between an SXI, a Twinport, and a Club?

There is the 1.0, steer clear of this unless your are 17 and insurance is your main consideration, the 1.2 is the most popular and a very good little car, my wives last car was a 1.4 which feels nippier and more solid, its almost like a Astra.

The club is the basic model, SXI is a higher spec with alloys etc

Edit

Apparently the twinport is 0.2 sec quicker off the mark

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/car-reviews/car-and-driving/vauxhall-corsa-1.2-litre-twinport-range-1004610.html

Malky, thankyou very much for your help..the only reason I got a 1.0L in the first place was because of the very reasons you stated, im almost 19 now so thought ide try something a bit bigger :)

Malky, thankyou very much for your help..the only reason I got a 1.0L in the first place was because of the very reasons you stated, im almost 19 now so thought ide try something a bit bigger :)

No problem, it was interesting to find out what the twinport was, after a 1.0 you will notice a difference if you move up to a 1.2 , it doesn’t sound much but it’s a far better engine as the 1 litre is only a three cylinder engine.

If you can afford it and the insurance isn’t too silly go all the way and get a 1.4 but you will have to look hard as there aren’t that many around.

mine is a corsa breeze. Its 1.2 - and its a brilliant little car. Its almost 10 years old, i have had it for almost 3 years and is not let me down yet.

I know several people who have Corsas, and everyone is very happy with them.

I wouldn't buy a red one though, or a red car in any make, because I have seen so many red cars that have gone a funny pink colour over time.