Anyone Visited Spearmint Rhino Yet?

yeah but the sad beardy men get the pretty girls talking to them . Where as in real life ( and without payment) the pretty ladies wouldnt probably entertain them. :hihi:

Edited by cosywolf
Deleted qyuoted edited post

Is there an entry fee ? I may go and do a report for Sheffield Forum. I expect to hear the lap dancers singing " Dont You Wish Your Girlfriend Was Hot Like Me ! " :lol::lol:

we had a good night in there got in for nowt the drinks at the bar was bogof i was hammered and ended up spending 580 (mostly on clio) nice place inside not seedy. the music should last a little longer tho and they don`t do requests.

This is the dissertation student again. Just asking again if anyone would like to help me and participate in my study. I am looking to talk to women whose husbands or boyfriends attend or go to strip clubs or lap dancing clubs. I hold no opinions or judgements and see nothing wrong with it myself but am fascinated by the subject area.

A lot of research has been done on the strippers and on the interactions between customers and the strippers but never on the wives or girlfriends of the customers. If it is easier for people I am more than happy to conduct interviews over the internet using a chat service or through emails but please let me know as soon as possible of you would like to take part I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

p.s please email me if you would like any other information on the project at jbrady500@hotmail.com.

Hi there everyone,

Im an undergraduate student at Sheffield University in the middle of my dissertation and looking for potential participants for what i am looking into. After reading a lot about strip club research and the obvious discussions surrounding it such as gender inequality, power imbalances, and deviancy I read one article which said that no research had been done on the partners of regular strip club customers/punters and how they interpreted the visits and the effects it has on their ideas of marriage, monogamy and intimacy.

I would be looking to speak with 5-10 female participants (although i would be more than willing to speak to any men who have female partners that go also) to casually explore the subject with open-ended questions over a cup of tea and cake or something.

If anyone is interested in knowing more ( I am still processing all reading etc.. so will let you know more as I get a better idea) and would be interested in helping me out it would be greatly appreciated, my email address is jbrady500@hotmail.com so please contact me if you are. Also any further suggestions would also be fantastic!!

Thank you and hope you all have great saturdays!!

p.s all participants would be protected by confidentiality agreement.

Jbrady, your research sounds fascinating; it is somewhat similar to my own theories which I would be keen to have researchers work on, as regards the structure of 'Gay Scenes' and 'Gay Villages' in major city centres, such as Manchester and Leeds; there have also been plans for one in Sheffield, but at present there is just a scattered 'scene' of gay clubs all over the city.

As regards Spearmint Rhino, I've never been in, as a Bisexual Transvestite, but I would really be interested in finding out whether the owners might like to try the idea of an occasional Gay night, on one of their 'spare' or currently quiet nights. Anything which brings in money during the credit crunch would be appreciated by any such business, and a lot of 'straight' (AKA 'Mainstream') erotic clubs have tried Gay nights (Remember the one at Dancing Dollar a few years ago?) A 'Gay' Night could be anything from male strippers for gay men, to a Drag Showgirl cabaret, which incidentally attracts large 'straight'/mainstream audiences such as hen and stag-parties at many venues such as Funny Girls in Blackpool or Birdcage in Leeds.:love:

Personally strip clubs are okay for men to go to but when they have girlfriends and they go just for 'fun' it's unfair on the poor girlfriend under a number of reasons, she may be unhappy with herself as it is knowing her partner is going to watch some other women dance around him with good bodies, also she might feel that she has to then compete with these women after her boyfriend going to these clubs seeing perfect bodies and boobs. In these circumstances men with partners should be more respectful and consider how their girlfriend feels unless the girlfriend agrees with it then fair enough.

Personally that's my opinion, people may think different but everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Personally strip clubs are okay for men to go to but when they have girlfriends and they go just for 'fun' it's unfair on the poor girlfriend under a number of reasons, she may be unhappy with herself as it is knowing her partner is going to watch some other women dance around him with good bodies, also she might feel that she has to then compete with these women after her boyfriend going to these clubs seeing perfect bodies and boobs. In these circumstances men with partners should be more respectful and consider how their girlfriend feels unless the girlfriend agrees with it then fair enough.

Personally that's my opinion, people may think different but everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

I think your looking into it too deeply, most blokes I know who go to these places do it on stag nights etc, no harm done.

Woman do the same when they go to see men don't they?

personally cant see point, its like going into a sweet shop and buying sweets and then find out you cant eat them??

I have my opinion on strip clubs and yeah fair enough stag dos are fine...but just a random trip to a strip club when you have a girlfriend at home who can do the same, i don't see the point. That's my opinion, people see strip clubs differently but I just don't see the point if a guy has a girlfriend why should he feel the need to go watch women strip?

I have my opinion on strip clubs and yeah fair enough stag dos are fine...but just a random trip to a strip club when you have a girlfriend at home who can do the same, i don't see the point. That's my opinion, people see strip clubs differently but I just don't see the point if a guy has a girlfriend why should he feel the need to go watch women strip?

If you have a beautiful painting in your house does it mean you can never look at another painting anywhere else?

I've heard its being renamed to the Peppermint Hippo ?