Cherrytree orphanage

Does anyone remember the Taylors who lived at The Lodge, just below Cherrytree, from around 1931 to 1945/1946?

Does anyone remember the Taylors who lived at The Lodge in Mickley Lane - just below Cherrytree Orphanage? Mr Taylor was the gardener at the orphanage and grew vegetables, including potatoes, for all the children and staff. Mrs Taylor was a cleaner and, one Spring, she was instructed by a smart alec member of staff to wash thirty blankets - for which she was allocated a 6d (old money) packet of Persil washing powder.

Does anyone remember the Taylors who lived at The Lodge in Mickley Lane - just below Cherrytree Orphanage? Mr Taylor was the gardener at the orphanage and grew vegetables, including potatoes, for all the children and staff. Mrs Taylor was a cleaner and, one Spring, she was instructed by a smart alec member of staff to wash thirty blankets - for which she was allocated a 6d (old money) packet of Persil washing powder.

Yes I have been speaking to Barbara Taylor who I understand is Mr. Walter Taylors daughter I was only speaking to her a few nights ago and she was telling me some stories about when her father was the gardener there.

Please contact me again so we can have a chat about Mr. ~Taylor.

Marlene researching the Cherrytree Orphanage.

Hi

I've found a Cherrytree orphanage minute book at a car boot sale. It's dating from Dec 1918 to Dec 1933.

Anyone who would like access to or information from it please get in touch.

Cheers

Andrew

Hi

I've found a Cherrytree orphanage minute book at a car boot sale. It's dating from Dec 1918 to Dec 1933.

Anyone who would like access to or information from it please get in touch.

Cheers

Andrew

Hi andrew 235 I would love to have a look at the book as it is great interest to me as I am researching the Cherrytree, any information I can get hold of will go into my research. Please contact me my e-mail is jasper1929@hotmail.co.uk

Marlene.

marlene i would be very very interested in this book as a person who was in that centre it could not be more obvious, please please ensure i obtain a copy contact me please , tankie1@yahoo.co.uk i await your reply mickley

Is there anyone out there who lived at cherrytree orphanage between 1947 and 1960?

i lived there with my brother who moved to foster parents in meersbrook and i was left in 1959 to fend for myself i too remember the word gregory ,it was given to us as a punishment and used to make me sleep a lot i only had sad memories of the place and would rather forget about it ,i'm now married with a beautiful child and all turned out well ,no thanks to that place:(

it took me years to overcome such degradation ihad been put through,and one thing that still gets to me is the fact we had to salute the committee members when we saw them out and about failure resulted in PUNISHMENT if it was the chairman god help you of course some got a name like me,and got blamed for things did not even know about School was bad at times because of being an orphanage boy or girl

absolutly bang on

As a matter of interest would there be a list of names of children that were there at anytime

can anyone get the names of the kids at cherrytree from 1952/1960 i would really like to see my name and my brother who got stabbed to death in sheffield

Hi andrew 235 I would love to have a look at the book as it is great interest to me as I am researching the Cherrytree, any information I can get hold of will go into my research. Please contact me my e-mail is jasper1929@hotmail.co.uk

Marlene.

i'm prepared to pay a good price for minute books of cherrytree around 1955to 62 need to see a report on me and my brother and why we were punished so much and what punishment was. I remember would just like to see it

Hi My name is Theresa kemp I remember the Taylors who lived in the lodge below the home, Myself and my brother Peter were sent to cherrytree 1964. MRS Taylor used to let us use the loft above the gararge as a play house, we were there for round about 7 yrs saw a lot of things and did alot of things in rebellion

I was sent to cherrytree with my 2 brothers in 1959 following the breakdown of our parents marriage. It was a horrid time I was told I was an ungratful child because I didn't like custard, ice cream & other such desserts. I remember Maureen Hughes she saved me a number of times from various punishments. Other people I remember were the Gillott brothers, Yvonne Smith, Sharon White & also a brother & sister who came following the death of their parents in a car crash I think. We had to go to church every sunday, I remember Totley C of E school at the christmas play I was told to mime and not sing because I am tone deaf. I liked the school and still drive past it several times a year.