Cherrytree orphanage

ian archibould died some years ago'when I went to cherrytree with my oldersister sharron white I was eight or 9years old I can remember Yvonne and jean smith Maureen hughs carol theobold dennis organ think john james Robbie sharron browes.patsy darby,then later Gillian hallam Sylvia Roberts,baby Philip.proberly more would be nice to know what happen to some of these people.i kept in touch with mrs moore for a few years and went to her home in pocklington near York.near her daughter and grandson andrew.my younger sister Lorraine was at cherrytree for a short time when sharron left

l

hi my name is Tony Gillott & I was at cherry tree orphanage from about 1961 to 1966. I was also with my brother's Peter & Chris. My brother Harry was also there for a short time. I have really good memories of being at the home & often think about the home & all the things we got up to I would love to hear from anyone who remembers me. My email address is tony@gillottrbs.com 07973407966

---------- Post added 06-08-2016 at 21:26 ----------

I was sent to cherrytree with my 2 brothers in 1959 following the breakdown of our parents marriage. It was a horrid time I was told I was an ungratful child because I didn't like custard, ice cream & other such desserts. I remember Maureen Hughes she saved me a number of times from various punishments. Other people I remember were the Gillott brothers, Yvonne Smith, Sharon White & also a brother & sister who came following the death of their parents in a car crash I think. We had to go to church every sunday, I remember Totley C of E school at the christmas play I was told to mime and not sing because I am tone deaf. I liked the school and still drive past it several times a year.

Hi, my name is Tony Gillott. It's been a very long time but I can still remember being in Cherry Tree Orphanage & all the good times that we had, it would be great to hear from you, Tony. my email is tony@gillottrbs.com

Hi My name is Stuart Raw and I was at Cherry tree until 1959  Just found this site and was very interested to see all the names that I remember 

Susan(Watson) happy Birthday for the 16th.September.  Would be very pleased to hear from anyone that knows me who reads this post

At the moment I am living in Scarborough after many years in the army and working overseas

Best wishes 

Stuart Raw

On 17/10/2009 at 17:26, patricia ann said:

Hello Susan good to hear from you again! As I mentioned before, I left Cherrytree and went to live with my mum & stepfather in Halifax. I got married in 1967 and moved to York in 1973. We have 3 children & 6 grandchildren living in different parts of the country. Our daughter, having visited the Chesire Home some years ago urged me to write about my time there as a child. I am now in the process of doing this. I have a copy of the history of Cherrytree and also copies of AGM reports from 1949 - 1960. I would be happy to send you copies if you wish.

Best wishes Patricia

Hi Patricia, I’m hoping you see this many years later. My recently late father Stephen Baxendale was in Cherry Tree between these dates and I remember at one time he was hoping to get the records you have to have a read of them. I’d love for you to send them to me if possible for me to read them to him as he never got to read them himself. I’d also love to learn more about his upbringing if you could please send them to me. My email address is francescabaxendale@googlemail.com 

Hi everyone, my father Stephen Baxendale went to the home with some of his brothers from about 5 years old and he was born in 1951. My father passed away this year and I remember years ago he was trying to get hold of the records mentioned so he could have a read... if only I’d have tried to help him get them he may have had the chance... but I’m hoping it’s not too long as someone would be so kind as to send them to me so I can read the records out to me and describe the photos if there are any. One of the few things he did hold in heart was his memories from a cherry tree and they shaped him into his later years. It would mean the world if someone could provide me with the records book mentioned, or anything you have or know about his time at the home with any of his brothers. Many thanks, my email address is francescabaxendale@googlemail.com