Know anyone called Nettleship?

Hi, Wow, yes I remember my Grandmother talking about 'our Olive'. I used to spend weekends up at Honeysuckle Rd when I was a kid, and all the family used to be there every christmas day too.

I live in Ireland now, Ive been here for 21 years, I lost touch with Gladys, Colin and everyone when my parents split up there wasn't any contact really, but I think my Sister in Sheffield may have seen them all at my Dads funeral a few years back.(families eh!!)

hi 2nd cousin ..ive just read your reply ..i also used to stay at aunt ivy.s when i was a kid .in fact they had 6 white mice in a cage at the time that is before i let them all out !!! we found 3 of them in the piano a week later plink plonkin around. i remember when it was your dads turn to wash the pots he used to bribe me with sixpence to wash them for him so he could go out with his girlfriend .do you remember uncle ernest in london ? i am still in touch with his remaining family ..and i speak to colin ,gadis and betty regular ,,i.m christine who are you ?my tel no is 01142891849

hi 2nd cousin ..ive just read your reply ..i also used to stay at aunt ivy.s when i was a kid .in fact they had 6 white mice in a cage at the time that is before i let them all out !!! we found 3 of them in the piano a week later plink plonkin around. i remember when it was your dads turn to wash the pots he used to bribe me with sixpence to wash them for him so he could go out with his girlfriend .do you remember uncle ernest in london ? i am still in touch with his remaining family ..and i speak to colin ,gadis and betty regular ,,i.m christine who are you ?my tel no is 01142891849

Well hello Christine it's nice to know there still some family out there,Iam Diana, Brians eldest daughter.My Mum was Margeret, she passed away 14 years ago at the age of 59. I live in Galway on the west coast of Ireland, been here 21 years now and it's very rare I get back to Sheffield now. I remember an Ernest, but haven't a clue about him apart from the name.

Are you older than me then??Iam 53 now, Ive 3 grown up daughters and 5 grandchildren the youngest is just 12 weeks old her name is Grace, and the eldest is Rayanne she's 14 next week. I used to play Ivy's piano, I loved it at that house,I especially loved christmas day when loads of the Aunts and Uncles and cousins went up for a buffet christmas night.Ive just made contact with Franks son,my 1st cousin Mark. Are Colin and Gladys keeping well??Colin is my godfather.

Well hello Christine it's nice to know there still some family out there,Iam Diana, Brians eldest daughter.My Mum was Margeret, she passed away 14 years ago at the age of 59. I live in Galway on the west coast of Ireland, been here 21 years now and it's very rare I get back to Sheffield now. I remember an Ernest, but haven't a clue about him apart from the name.

Are you older than me then??Iam 53 now, Ive 3 grown up daughters and 5 grandchildren the youngest is just 12 weeks old her name is Grace, and the eldest is Rayanne she's 14 next week. I used to play Ivy's piano, I loved it at that house,I especially loved christmas day when loads of the Aunts and Uncles and cousins went up for a buffet christmas night.Ive just made contact with Franks son,my 1st cousin Mark. Are Colin and Gladys keeping well??Colin is my godfather.

hi babe ..i remember you now yes i am 62 and i remember shaking your pram to try and shut you up wow you could scream ..colin and gladis and betty are ok ..i spoke to them earlier ..they are still snowed in the caravan but they have food and are warm..betty is ok as well but her husband ray passed away earlier this year ..its nice to hear from you i do remember you and wasnt there a jackie as well ..i will have to phone colin and glad and betty and tell them ive found you ...you have more grankids than me i have 4, ages 21,20,15 and 11 they all live near me ..i live in dronfield ... ive been coming to ireland on camping trips for the last 5 years but usually stay round the wickford area

i keep saying i will do the antrim coast and the giants causway but not got round to it yet .i remember ivy used to make cucumber and onion in vinigar i loved it .but have never eaten it since she died ..it was her special thing !!to me any way..we realy must try to stay in touch ..i.m going out now but will speak again soon x

At Beighton, my uncle was Verdun Nettleship and my aunty was Lillian Nettleship. My cousins were Janice, Graham and Verdun

Hi, Iv'e found m y second cousin who is Christine, she is my grandmothers neice. I dont know about my Grandad Nettleships family, brothers or sisters I have no names for them but maybe my cousin will know,Ill try and find out.Thankyou for the post.

Paul Nettleship. He lives in Eckington and has a withered arm from birth I think.

i know a john nettleship, has 2 brothers and a sister lives in handsworth

terry from parson cross but lived most of his life round hillsborough will be 76 if he,s still alive son nigel 2 daughters jill and clair

At Beighton, my uncle was Verdun Nettleship and my aunty was Lillian Nettleship. My cousins were Janice, Graham and Verdun

Verdun was in my class at Beighton. Alistair Scott.

Hi Bob Scott

My mother Doris was sister to Lillian Nettleship who married Verdun Nettleship. Thanks for getting back to me. Wha school was that and what area did he live. Any info would help

Hi Bob

Sorry, I thought you were talking about Verdun, the father. I assume you were talking about his son Verdun! Verdun the younger moved to Sellinge in Kent in the 1960's. That was the last time I saw him.

Hi Bob

Sorry, I thought you were talking about Verdun, the father. I assume you were talking about his son Verdun! Verdun the younger moved to Sellinge in Kent in the 1960's. That was the last time I saw him.

My mistake Bryan. Yes, it was the son; I remember his brother Graham too. Good luck with your searches. Alistair.