West One Flats- opinions about them and the area please

Hi what does everyone think of the west one flatts. are they any good? what do you think about the neighbours? what about the surrounding bars?

It's exciting, vibrant and cosmopolitan, I feel ike I'm in Paris or Madrid most of the time.

I know the two lesbian artists next door, the part-time DJ upstairs, the nightclub owner down the hall and the millionare playboy in the penthouse.

Sounds lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!

which block you from the part near vodka revolution?

No, I'm in the luxury block, I have lamitate flooring, a window, taps and everything.

anyone else know anything or live there?

I used to live in one of the flats facing the green and it was horrible. In summer you have no where to go because the sun is shining on the flat ALL day. We were literally cooking at one point. The noise was unreal, usually from screaming party girls at 3 in the morning but there was that mini-festival as well which was one of the least funny experiences of my life. However, as long a you aren't facing the green, I recon it would be ok. The flat itself was really nice and if you shut the windows, it was incredibly quiet, no noise at all from neighbours. A one bed flat really is only suitable for one person as there is hardly any space for a double bed in the bedroom. There are flats facing inward to the quad which would be fine or even the ones facing the parallel street (Cavendish street I think).

I used to live in one of the flats facing the green and it was horrible. In summer you have no where to go because the sun is shining on the flat ALL day. We were literally cooking at one point. The noise was unreal, usually from screaming party girls at 3 in the morning but there was that mini-festival as well which was one of the least funny experiences of my life. However, as long a you aren't facing the green, I recon it would be ok. The flat itself was really nice and if you shut the windows, it was incredibly quiet, no noise at all from neighbours. A one bed flat really is only suitable for one person as there is hardly any space for a double bed in the bedroom. There are flats facing inward to the quad which would be fine or even the ones facing the parallel street (Cavendish street I think).

we live in peak block facing cavendish street- bought a flat, liked it so much we then bought another which we rent out so we now have two in westone - as you can probably guess we really like w one. We know a couple of the neighbours - most are young professional types - doctors find it useful for the hospital - we bought off a doctor.

Cavendish st is quiet - i agree devonshire green side is probably noisey and if you face inwards then people can see into your apartment - i wouldnt buy facing into the quad but where we are is very private.

W one is such easy living - really good if you work in the city centre (No Commute!!) - i'd really recommend it to anyone who wants to be near the city centre!

what about all the

rat infestation

drug dealers

24 hour parties

price droped in value but rents still high

sevice charges out of this world

just things ive seing heard

I used to rent in West One and didn't think it was too bad actually. It was noisy at times but with the windows shut it was no problem. It did seem to get worse however during the 9 months we were there and parts of the flat started showing a bit of wear. I have recently moved to Wards Brewery however and it is much nicer. Better quality fittings, better environment and the place has a much more grown-up feel to it.

Our flat at West One faced into the courtyard but still got a lot of sun during the day, parking bays are pretty spacious too compared to some other developments in the city