Good places to eat on Ecclesall Road ?

My friends and I are planning to hit Ecclesall Road on Saturday night for a meal.

However we don’t venture up there much and therefore have no idea where to go.

Where are the best places? Any ideas would be great ! :)

Champs/Yankees/Uncle sams all do a great burger,

Theres an Italian opposite the Berkly center, I think its called Marinellos, and thats absolutely gorgeous although quite expensive.

We haven't got any preferences to be honest. Theres about 6 of us though so maybe somewhere with a bit of everything e.g pasta, pizza etc.

As Tess said... Marinello's (if that's how you spell it) opposite Pizza hut is great. Not too expensive, but not cheap either... (Mains from about £7 to maybe £15)

Thanks for all the above. I'm gonna look at them now. :)

My mate suggested going to Azzurri. Does anyone know what its like?

As Tess said... Marinello's (if that's how you spell it) opposite Pizza hut is great. Not too expensive, but not cheap either... (Mains from about £7 to maybe £15)

I'll definitely second that I adore Marinello's it's an authentic italian restaurant owned by an italian, who is also the head chef. All meals are cooked from scratch and you can see your food being prepared right down to the veg being peeled. I would also highly recommend the garlic bread, best I've tasted in Sheffield. You may want to book though as it can get busy

:hihi: Yes, the garlic bread really is good!

I love Azzurri, not only id the food really good, but the staff are great too, loads a fun and free brandy after your meal, what more could you want!!

Top food, if they got the home made venison sausages on as a special, try them - best about

S x

La Tasca - very nice - great tapas and if you go between Sunday and Wednesday they do as much Tapas as you can eat for a tenner - ok set menu but still 20 choices

azzurri is really good