VeryPC - Dragons Den

Home users are often an overlooked majority:(.

Most home users would prefer performance/price over 5p less a month on their leccy bill I'd imagine.

What about the indifferent comments?:D

And thank you to the indifferent ones also :)

And either livid is quite a senior/new technician or it looks as if they keep their employees happy. Baring in mind his/her boss is reading I doubt livid will comment but I get that impression. I do a lot for my company (more than I get back) and do get them some work outside of work hours but I doubt I'd set up an internet forum account and liase with the public/rave about the company in my own time unless they were doing something seriosuly right or paying me well enough not to have other work to do after 6pm.

I know the name VeryPC but know for a fact I've never seen them at their current premises at Parkwood. Where were you located before?

Anyway, I've just watched DD on iPlayer and thought the dragons were extremely harsh. I like the product and I'm actually tempted to buy one myself, I think I'll have a look at some of your products and see if anything takes my fancy.

I do think £5m is very overvalued though. I'm no expert but I would think that the PC market is extremely hard to break into, certainly to the extent that you'd need to to generate that amount of money anyway.

Good luck for the future though.

The old premises were my closest PC shop, on Langsett Road in Hillsborough. I've yet to find them in their new premises- but I will.

Most home users would prefer performance/price over 5p less a month on their leccy bill I'd imagine.

Why can't you have both though?

Why can't you have both though?

Think that's a job for verypc ;)

I think its horses for courses and I actually had some recent relevant experience to this.

Our resident forum moderator Ghozer :thumbsup: as most will know runs a Lan event called Sychosis and we at veryPC provided a range of green 3D PCs we have been developing for use as TUP machines and i spent a few hours over the weekend chatting with Ghozer and some of the guys who had come from all over the uk and beyond on how they felt about Green IT / Green Gaming.

The feedback ranged from people being really excited about the performance of the machines and them saving energy to people who again to a degree were indifferent simply because energy efficiency and being environmentally friendly are quite frankly not at the top of their agenda's.

As for home users,again I and everyone else know that there are some people who use their machines for web browsing and basic office usage so in this case the performance of a machine doesn't mean that they have to have the w.o.p.r under the hood but again the components we're putting in aren't shabby by any means anyway as the products we offer cater to pretty much most extremes - from basic usage to gaming to rendering.

Again for the home gamer type person again it's something we're looking at with the Green3D range.

WhiteHawk, we were based on Langsett road near Maplins (beside the pub hurrah!) and we moved to our new premises about 2/3 months back.

WhiteHawk, we were based on Langsett road near Maplins (beside the pub hurrah!) and we moved to our new premises about 2/3 months back.

I thought you were. That place with the black & silver sign wasn't it?

I thought you were. That place with the black & silver sign wasn't it?

Yep that was the one.

And either livid is quite a senior/new technician or it looks as if they keep their employees happy. Baring in mind his/her boss is reading I doubt livid will comment but I get that impression. I do a lot for my company (more than I get back) and do get them some work outside of work hours but I doubt I'd set up an internet forum account and liase with the public/rave about the company in my own time unless they were doing something seriosuly right or paying me well enough not to have other work to do after 6pm.

I've been with VeryPc since January this year so you could say I am pretty green (excuse the pun).

I get paid ok, how much I can't really say but the fact is I take a lot of pride in my job, I'm pretty much a forum whore really, whether it was when playing games (warcraft3/wow etc)or just here there and everywhere, I tend to do a lot of browsing on here and jump in every now and again with some tech stuff if I can or when the moment takes me.

As to whether Pete/VeryPC keeps me happy, I don't think that anything I put here would probably be taken by the public as being the honest truth - again this is an open forum but all I can say is that if Pete wants me to go to the training event with the free bar again (won an ipod nano also) next year then I will most graciously accept and write whatever he wants about him :hihi:

Sounds alright to me - how long have verypc been going though?