VeryPC - Dragons Den

The chap from VeryPC took one hell of a pasting last night, yet still seemed convinced he was right and they were all wrong.

I've seen some VeryPC bods post on here before, so wonder if they're all in hiding or is it a case of there being no such thing as bad publicity?

I thought the dragons were a tad harsh on him, though he did make some stupid statements around finances.

There has already been a thread about this removed from the forum, due to a number of personal attacks posted.

There has already been a thread about this removed from the forum, due to a number of personal attacks posted.

He was in the public domain (on TV) - Surely thats fair game?

Maybe Gordon Brown should sign up to the forum so no-one can say anything nasty about him.:loopy:

Maybe Gordon Brown should sign up to the forum so no-one can say anything nasty about him.:loopy:

Shhh, if he reads this.....

...we don't want him as a member. The Queen already is, and look at the trouble she's causing.

I thought the dragons were a tad harsh on him, though he did make some stupid statements around finances.

I think the Very PC brand may have took a beating but I'm sure they'll continue to do very well.

It's easy to overprice your business, I'm sure if he had undervalued it the Dragons would have jump at the Investment.

I was going to comment on the earlier thread but it was obvious that would get pulled, I hope this thread is more sensible.

Good luck to Very PC in the future aswell. You have the start of a very good brand................... Why not try to market it via a Channel Partner? PM me I'll give you some contact numbers.

All

Try YouTube or download the programme from the BBC 'i Player' website.

Regards

There's a difference between discussing the programme and its outcomes and personally attacking forum users who are associated with the company.

Very PC are a decent company, great ideas, and they know what they are talking about, I have had recent dealings with them and they are very good at what they do, highly recommended.

This episode (as do others) illustrated the risk of going into the Den.

Sometimes a product can benefit from the exposure even without Dragon investment and you can see some entrants using this to advantage.

Sometimes a product/presenter can get a roasting which can do their product/business a great deal of harm (whether comments were valid or not).

The person doing the presenting can sometimes be as important as the product. This was the case with fuel-cap presenter in the same programme who got the Dragons' money.

They asked why all four partners weren't there. He explained that they had decided that the presentation would be better done by him alone ... and they were right.

Search for 'peter hopton' on youtube

The chap from VeryPC took one hell of a pasting last night, yet still seemed convinced he was right and they were all wrong.

I've seen some VeryPC bods post on here before, so wonder if they're all in hiding or is it a case of there being no such thing as bad publicity?

Ouch!

Watch on iPlayer