Mexican Restaurant in Sheffield

Does anyone know of one?

Its my 3rd Wedding Anniversary and my missus fancies a Mexican Restaurant, i can't say i know of any in Sheffield, can anyone recommend one, or recommend a place that might do a bit of Mexican food?

K Pasa idoes great food on glossop rd/west st end. Although somewhere a bit more special-decor cocktails etc is LAS IGUANAS in the west one complex on west st.

K Pasa idoes great food on glossop rd/west st end. Although somewhere a bit more special-decor cocktails etc is LAS IGUANAS in the west one complex on west st.
K Pasa does great food - i used to love it when I was a student but its a bit tacky for a grown up anniversary - plastic tablecloths etc. Although if you like that sort of thing then tell them it's your Birthday & they'll make you stand on your chair with a sombrero on and down a flaming sambuca! :D

Las Iguanas is nice.

There's a new place on Eccy Rd (between Nonnas & Walnut Club) called Abuello which does great cocktails and mexican food but it's more of a casual bar than a restaurant - you go up to the counter & choose the fillings in your burritos etc. Worth a visit, but again not exactly an anniversary restaurant

Las Iguanas is closed for refurbishments and i don't really fancy the sound of the other two.

I went to K Pasa years ago and it was very cheesy then, plastic table cloths etc.

Mmmmmm, sheffield doesnt have many decent places to eat really does it.

Yep, K Pasa and Las Iguanas both best avoided in my opinion (and I think K Pasa is closed too at the moment - could be wrong). Can't think of another Mexican though :( There might have been one at the bottom of The Moor, but I've not been there for so long it's probably bulldozed.

i don't think a mexican place is ever going to be a romantic place for an anniversary though- can't think of a single 'classy' mexican restaurant in any city.

Theres one at Gleadless Townend next to Sainsburys, called Tequilas or similar.

It has some very busy nights with office partys etc. Think they have two sittings on these nights to fit them all in. Groups always meet up in the Red Lion pub next door.

Must be good as there are always groups of dolled up women having a drink in the Red Lion before each sitting.

Saw the poster in Las Iguanas restaurant saying re opens 22nd, is more latin american than mexican from what i have seen of the menu.

Does anyone know of one?

Its my 3rd Wedding Anniversary and my missus fancies a Mexican Restaurant, i can't say i know of any in Sheffield, can anyone recommend one, or recommend a place that might do a bit of Mexican food?

Short answer - no. There isn't one.

Not an authentic Mexican at least.

There's that newish place on Ecclesall Road that used to be called 543 or something. That is masquerading as a Mexican place but it's probably about as Mexican as Arthur Scargill.

You'll need to go to a big city like Leeds, Nottingham or Manchester if you want to find a real Mexican restaurant.

Las Iguanas is closed for refurbishments and i don't really fancy the sound of the other two.

I went to K Pasa years ago and it was very cheesy then, plastic table cloths etc.

Mmmmmm, sheffield doesnt have many decent places to eat really does it.

Sheffield has a lot of good quality eating establishments - just not Mexican ones.

El Paso has pretty good food, much better than K-Pasa, and the Gleadless one is Mexican/Italian isn`t it? A good mexican restaurant with a nice ambience would be a welcome addition to Sheff imo.

el paso, moorfoot, is a lovely restaurant. not much of a view out of the window at present tho...

:)