Sign in to follow this  

Emails

When i receive a email with a box with a small cross in it how do i view the picture.

A box with a cross in it indicates that a picture cannot be "found".

The email you have received is probably using html. Html emails are 'posher' than your average text only email as they contain fancy graphics and pictures. In order to keep the email small html emails don't actual include pictures within them. Instead html coding is used to tell your computer that a picture needs inserting and where to find the picture. For example Tesco might want to send you an email about a special offer on wine and want a nice picture to tempt you. Within the html coding it would say where to find the nice picture (and where to display it on the page) e.g.http://tesco.com/pictures/plonk/.

Sometimes when you open html emails pictures cannot be found. This could be because someone has moved it, it's been deleated, the server it is sitting on is not responding, or there is a typo in the location address. Either way there's not you can do.

unless you'r using hotmail, which blocks pics - there will be a line of text above the message but below the header with a link to unblock the pics. that only works for that one message, tho - I think you have to twiddle with yr privacy settings to stop it happening.

Many thanks for your replys on emails i understand now.