1% all inclusive no sale no fee deal

As far as I know Globeline Estates are still offering 1% commission on a no sale no fee basis for house sales. Like other agents they're on Rightmove.

I know that some people on here have felt hard done by with other agents withdrawing these deals recently.

I used them recently and was very impressed.

dont go with elr!!!!

they say they're no sale no fee (or did to us) then after a year and a half and only 6 viewings we decide to take property off the market, they try to sting us with a £500 bill.

cheeky swines. and we never even signed a contract!!!!

presumably if you didn't sign a contract then you don't have to pay, otherwise what's the value of the signature on the contract?

Without a signed contract they wont get very far in a court and are probably only trying to worry you into paying in the clear knowledge that legally they don't have a leg to stand on.

dont go with elr!!!!

they say they're no sale no fee (or did to us) then after a year and a half and only 6 viewings we decide to take property off the market, they try to sting us with a £500 bill.

cheeky swines. and we never even signed a contract!!!!

presumably if you didn't sign a contract then you don't have to pay, otherwise what's the value of the signature on the contract?

Without a signed contract they wont get very far in a court and are probably only trying to worry you into paying in the clear knowledge that legally they don't have a leg to stand on.

I know - they're getting solicitors on us to chase us for it, but I have legal cover included with my home insurance so I'm using my solicitors to deal with them. ha ha ha.

If I hadn't got the legal cover the cost to callenge them in legal fees would have more than likely been more than the bill.

They are chasing my mate for 'out of pocket expenses' or something as well. I thought it was 'no sale no fee'. I'll let him know he's not the only one. Things must be pretty dire for the estate agents if they are prepared to p*ss customers off like this. I'll let him know he's not the only one.

not the only what?

They are chasing my mate for 'out of pocket expenses' or something as well. I thought it was 'no sale no fee'. I'll let him know he's not the only one. Things must be pretty dire for the estate agents if they are prepared to p*ss customers off like this. I'll let him know he's not the only one.

I have always understood "No sale No Fee" to mean that if the property doesnt sell then you dont pay the Agents selling fee, however, you DO still pay advertising charges and withdrawal charges. You should look for a No Sale No Charge, although with HIPs now, you probably will not find any of those around. It is something that catches people out and the agent I used to work for offered the No Sale No Charge which meant you gave us 14 days notice to withdraw and that was that - we didnt charge you anything, its an incentive for the company to sell your property knowing that they wouldnt get anything if they didnt sell it. Read between the lines!

Fees and expenses are completely different things and from memory, ELR have a perfectly reasonable contract that covers such an eventuality.

If you were sent a contract and you didn't sign it but still accepted their sale board, advertising, brochures, viewings, telephone calls do you really think that a magistrate will accept that you do not have at least an enforceable verbal agreement?

If it didn't sell after 18 months surely it was overpriced? Did your agent not suggest lowering the price to something more suited to market conditions?

But now we also seem to have agents sticking customers for charges while the property is still on the market - or is that standard practice as well?

They are charging for out of pocket expenses that they have incurred on behalf of their client.

I don't see what is so difficult to understand.