Where do I report noise disturbance and drunken behaviour to?

Sounds like it's teenagers taking advantage of their parents being away - if it doesn't happen again then I'd bet that is what was happening.

You do well to keep away, if they're coming in at 4am and staying up til morning then they'll have been taking god-knows-what in a club, or drinking very heavily, either way, they wouldn't be likely to be very approachable in that state.

That's what i would have said, but wasn't the number /line being shut down?

101 has funding for at least another year, and it does go through to the same people as 2202020 but a different bit as they are trained in deciding which agency is best placed to respond. Noise nuisance is the responsibility of Environmental Services at the Council. Police can advise but have no powers to enforce. Contact 2037410 who will probably talk about keeping a diary....

101 has funding for at least another year, and it does go through to the same people as 2202020 but a different bit as they are trained in deciding which agency is best placed to respond. Noise nuisance is the responsibility of Environmental Services at the Council. Police can advise but have no powers to enforce. Contact 2037410 who will probably talk about keeping a diary....

So grab a book and write down all that's happened in the last couple of weeks, with dates and times. Then tell the Environmental people that you have been keeping a diary, and what are they going to do about it.

Alternative 1. Go to a pub on the Manor and pay 5 or 6 blokes to go round and have a "friendly" word with them.

Alternative 2. Phone the police anonymously and tell them that you've had enough and you're going round there with a 12 bore. They'll be there like lightening.

Hi im sure if you called the police they would come out

good luck

I think so too - they love a good party.

I thought the police could act when some form of disturbance is in the public domain - they are just severely restricted about the action they can take for incidents in private property.

About a year ago, my dad once contacted that 101 number when there was a rowdy party at 3am. It didn't work, so he rang the non-emergency police number, and they couldn't do anything. :|

I have had trouble with a new neighbour doing exactly the same thing, getting drunk shouting swearing and fighting at all hours and I have a baby.

I contacted my Housing Association and it looks like they have sorted the matter out by giving her a stern talking to. Just keep a diary of the things that are happening and how they are affecting you and surley someone either the council, police etc... should be able to do something. Good luck :thumbsup:

I rang the 101 number to report my neighbours who used to have parties every week. They used to play and sing along to music really loudly then scream outside in their back garden. And this was in S8 - how strange... maybe we're talking about the same people...

Anyway, the guy at 101 told me that there's nothing they can do. Before they could take any action they would have to send me recording equipment and I'd have to record the noise disturbances for a period of 6 months so they can assess how serious it is. It's no wonder people take things into their own hands.

I've since moved. Just goes to show that these anti-social schemes that the government introduces are just hot air. They obviously hope it sounds good but no-one actually uses them and calls their bluff.

I rang the 101 number to report my neighbours who used to have parties every week. They used to play and sing along to music really loudly then scream outside in their back garden. And this was in S8 - how strange... maybe we're talking about the same people...

Anyway, the guy at 101 told me that there's nothing they can do. Before they could take any action they would have to send me recording equipment and I'd have to record the noise disturbances for a period of 6 months so they can assess how serious it is. It's no wonder people take things into their own hands.

I've since moved. Just goes to show that these anti-social schemes that the government introduces are just hot air. They obviously hope it sounds good but no-one actually uses them and calls their bluff.

We've also had the same response from 101, we were at our wits end, needing to get some sleep and phoned about noisy neighbours. They basically send you out a booklet telling you to invite them round for a cup of tea to talk to them about it (no I'm not joking).

We've also phoned the police, but as already said, they have no powers in a private residence and will not come out, I explained all it would probably only need is a quiet word from the uniformed boys, but they just said they have no powers and to ring 101 - going round in circles came to mind.

It may be a different kettle of fish on a public road though, so I'd forget 101 and ring the police.

Good luck, we havent solved ours yet, and our plans for tomorrow are to start some sound-proofing on our adjoining bedroom wall, thanks to them:mad:.

Find out where they live and talk to the parents........oops, i live in I WISH land.

Dont approach them, and ring 999 if you think there is a social disturbance about to happen...thats what i was told anyway.

Good Luck :)

You could just sleep with ear plugs. I live in town, so that's what I do.