Where do I report noise disturbance and drunken behaviour to?

For two Fridays on the trot now, I've been woken up in the early hours by some inconsiderate "people" who are either having a party, or have come back home (or to their friend's home) and carried on drinking. No music, just shouting and screaming. With the weather being as warm as it has been, it's been too warm to close the window.

This Friday just gone (1st Aug), I was woken up at 4am by these people screaming and shouting at each other, I couldn't see them, but could hear them clearly enough. Then about 6.45am they started wandering up and down the street outside my house shouting and swearing at each other. One of the girls only looked young (18ish), and had a small keg of Heineken and kept putting it on the bollard and drinking from it and inviting her mates to drink from it. There was a big group of them, probably 5-8 people, mix of guys and girls. Two blokes kept running past the house, one had a bottle of vodka that was almost empty, and the other had either vodka or Archers. One of the vodka bottles was smashed (just behind my car) at about 7.15am. One of the girls shouted at one point "I AM A PUSSY - I HAVE PUSSY" - Lovely. Just what we all wanted to know.

Now, if this happens again this Friday, if I phoned the police would they turn up? I can't work out which house they're from, I presume it's one down the street opposite me as they seem to walk up and down from there. Do I need to inform the council as it's Anti-Social behaviour - but it's private housing so can they do anything?

In this day & age I don't feel safe opening my window and telling them to blummin' shut up!!! If it continues I just don't know what to do. I have to go into work on Saturdays so I don't want to be kept awake half the night, I can't catch up on my sleep! I've no problem with people getting out of a taxi, falling over, laughing as they fall over as long as they go into their houses and keep the noise down. I wouldn't even mind a party as long as it's a one off and they tell us in advance. This is two weeks on the trot now, and how many more weeks is it going to go on for?

If it does, who can I complain to? Can I complain as I can't give an address? I can say to the police "if you come now you'll be able to hear them and find them" - but would they?

For anyone wondering, it's on Norfolk Park, in one of the new built areas. Anyone else heard it?

Surely this is the sort of thing the 101 line was made for?

Last time I rang 101 (Bonfire Weekend last year) the number didn't work. I was told my call was being diverted please hold.. then I was told "thank you for calling - goodbye".

Although, at the time, 101 never crossed my mind.

It's worked for me all three times I've used it. Maybe that was at the point where the continuation of the service was in doubt.

For two Fridays on the trot now, I've been woken up in the early hours by some inconsiderate "people" who are either having a party, or have come back home (or to their friend's home) and carried on drinking. No music, just shouting and screaming. With the weather being as warm as it has been, it's been too warm to close the window.

This Friday just gone (1st Aug), I was woken up at 4am by these people screaming and shouting at each other, I couldn't see them, but could hear them clearly enough. Then about 6.45am they started wandering up and down the street outside my house shouting and swearing at each other. One of the girls only looked young (18ish), and had a small keg of Heineken and kept putting it on the bollard and drinking from it and inviting her mates to drink from it. There was a big group of them, probably 5-8 people, mix of guys and girls. Two blokes kept running past the house, one had a bottle of vodka that was almost empty, and the other had either vodka or Archers. One of the vodka bottles was smashed (just behind my car) at about 7.15am. One of the girls shouted at one point "I AM A PUSSY - I HAVE PUSSY" - Lovely. Just what we all wanted to know.

Now, if this happens again this Friday, if I phoned the police would they turn up? I can't work out which house they're from, I presume it's one down the street opposite me as they seem to walk up and down from there. Do I need to inform the council as it's Anti-Social behaviour - but it's private housing so can they do anything?

In this day & age I don't feel safe opening my window and telling them to blummin' shut up!!! If it continues I just don't know what to do. I have to go into work on Saturdays so I don't want to be kept awake half the night, I can't catch up on my sleep! I've no problem with people getting out of a taxi, falling over, laughing as they fall over as long as they go into their houses and keep the noise down. I wouldn't even mind a party as long as it's a one off and they tell us in advance. This is two weeks on the trot now, and how many more weeks is it going to go on for?

If it does, who can I complain to? Can I complain as I can't give an address? I can say to the police "if you come now you'll be able to hear them and find them" - but would they?

For anyone wondering, it's on Norfolk Park, in one of the new built areas. Anyone else heard it?

Hi im sure if you called the police they would come out

good luck

You could try telephoning 101, thats the number to report all types of anti-social behaviour, but I wouldnt hold your breath for a rapid response. You can remain anonymous.

Try this information supplied by the council: Domestic noise.

It describes the steps you need to go through.

You could try telephoning 101, thats the number to report all types of anti-social behaviour, but I wouldnt hold your breath for a rapid response. You can remain anonymous.

I think they've run out of money to fund the 101 number. You get thrrough to the same people who answer 01142202020. I would find out who runs your safer neighbour hood unit and set up a meeting with them. I'm guessing it's S8, care to name the road?

Try this information supplied by the council: Domestic noise.

It describes the steps you need to go through.

Thank you fellow epee-ist :)

The only problem with those steps is I've never seen any of them before, only at these stupid hours, and I can't knock at their door, as I'm not sure which house/flat it is.

I think they've run out of money to fund the 101 number. You get thrrough to the same people who answer 01142202020. I would find out who runs your safer neighbour hood unit and set up a meeting with them. I'm guessing it's S8, care to name the road?

I used to live at S8 (hence my name) when I registered on here, but I'm now at Norfolk Park

The 101 number still worked a couple of weeks ago, so I'd still try that first.

May have got it wrong actually, not sure. 101 is still referred to on the city council website. Anyway, been through the same rigmarole myself very recently (which is where I was told that the 101 number had stopped due to lack of funding) with bad neighbours and we set up a meeting with the Safer Neighbour Hood team. What they'll do is suggest you record everything (a right ball ache to be honest) and try to form allegiances with other neighbours to add a little weight to the campaign. If I were you, if it happens next Friday, just call the rozzers and see if them turning that night makes a difference. Maybe even tip your local officer off in advance and ask them to keep an eye out.

That's what i would have said, but wasn't the number /line being shut down?