Do you remember when the Education Dept 'lost' £8m?

A few years ago the Council's Education Department 'lost' something like £8m that they couldn't account for in their budgets. My memory is a bit hazy but can anyone remember anything about it? Did it turn up? Was it a mistake?

i thought it was the fraud office (or something) that lost it? or customs!

There was another one where the local Trading Standards office was diddled through some fraud for a few million, but I'm sure that there was something with education budgets a few years ago.

Around two years ago, I paid for school dinners IN FULL then discovered I was entitled to free...sent the tax credit proof needed to education office.

Do you think I got refunded? DID I HELL!

So if they gained just over £200 from me, how many more did they do?:suspect:

Now the Lib Dems have control of the books I feel that we are going to learn quite a lot in the weeks to come.

Now the Lib Dems have control of the books I feel that we are going to learn quite a lot in the weeks to come.

i think we need to and i think that people should be held accountable because its not their money they dont give a a toss one failed project after another things go tits up and the set sail on another doomed project throwing money all over the place

There was another one where the local Trading Standards office was diddled through some fraud for a few million, but I'm sure that there was something with education budgets a few years ago.

Yeah I definitely remember that one with Trading Standards - it was in 2005; their boss had been cooking the books and it was only discovered after he'd died.

The great irony of it was that he'd set up what was deemed to be an award-winning service and the surprisingly Kerslake didnt get egg all over his face.

That Nothing New Money Going Missing Somebody Having Nice Holidays