Planning Application In Intake S12.

I'm a member of the squash club.

They have been asking people to sign a petition, but it doesn't even say anything at the top like 'we the undersigned etc etc'. No idea who it will be sent to or what the accompanying letter will say :huh:

There may well be another one in the Snooker Club but my impression is that the managers of the 2 venues don't have a lot of time for each other.

It is confusing regards who owns what. I can remember in years past if we paid our membership fee by cheque, it was payable to Georgica.

This planning application has been a very long time in the making because last summer (2007) there were contractors boring exploratory holes in the car park at the front of the club that local residents may have spotted. Lads at the club in the building trade said they were obviously surveying the land for its suitability to build on and we all thought the club would close by the end of last year.

Its a big stitch-up of eveyone in both clubs and I hope the formal objections made by people and businesses in the neighbourhood do the trick

spamalot, you are correct in saying this has been going on a very long time. Its a shame no one has known about it propperly till lately though. Its all been very hush hush as far as i can see.

if you want to object, there are some instructions in this thread about doing so...... its only a 5 min job, either email or web form submission. :hihi:

The pathway gets clearer everyday!!! Georgica owning the properties in the first place. I would assume then the petition that they have got will probably go nowhere. Just spoke to my OH who says he remembers the holes being dug last summer. Well, I'm sure they will build something on the land at somepoint, lets just hope that its something sensible.

well reading the report about the holes dug for analysis, they need to do more but quite deeper, as to the uncertainty of mines underneath, an exsiting coal seem, and the fact of previous tipping etc. this may be our savoir, but if they are persistant there are ways round it by spending lots of money :loopy:

i have just recevied this forwarded from a local resident who also emailed the Birley ward councillors....this is the responce

Thank you for emailing me and raising your concerns. I will certainly support the residents in placing objections to this planning application. I've had a look at the proposals and they certainly seem out of place and inappropriate for this site.

I've spoken to the planning officer this afternoon and tried to find out when the application is likely to come to the planning board. This is scheduled for the end of September and I intend to go along to make representations. This opportunity also exists for individuals such as you or your mother, if you are interested.

If you'd like to meet up to discuss further, I can be contacted on XXXXXXX

Regards,

Bryan Lodge

:thumbsup:

I emailed Clive Betts (the local MP). He used to be a member at the squash club years ago.

Got a message back from his office - he's on holiday but will read it when he's back.

if anyone knows the date and place for the meeting for this application can they let me know please, also there are a couple more objection comments on the public access website.:hihi:

The date has not yet been set.

A target date (based on time from reciept of application) is shown as 20th October.

The schedule for the relevant board meetings show meetings on 13th Ocober & 27th October and it should fall to one of those.

You need to keep your eyes on the "Important Dates" page on the Planning Portal and the Planning Board Agendas on the main Council Website:

http://planning.sheffield.gov.uk/publicaccess/tdc/DcApplication/application_detailview.aspx?caseno=K1KXJ2NYFY000

and

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/your-city-council/council-meetings/planning-boards/city-centre-south-and-east/agendas-2008

Before the meeting is held the Officer's Report should be produced and published online (one to two weeks in advance) at both the portal and in the relevant agenda.

The meeting will be held in one of the Committee Rooms in the Town Hall.

thanks cgksheff, usefull as always :thumbsup:!! they seem to keep changing the dates on the portal, in particular the neighbour consultations looks to have been extended, it was originally 11/12th August when nobody knew about it... :loopy:

ill be keeping my eye on the other site too, very useful info and good reading :)

ckgsheff, have you seen the officers report has appeared today online?

what do you think ? :suspect:

S12 is a very desirable area so they should have no problem selling them.....the snooker and squash club must be losing money so they might be selling the land for profit....