Planning Application In Intake S12.

Don't really know much. OH went to Rileys last night & they are giving out little tickets with the email & info re the petition.

Will query further with hubby when he finishes work.

Spoke to my OH & he tells me Rileys & the squash club have not been sold just the land they are on.

The land has been bought to sell on with planning permission.

Rileys don't want to move.

Between the closing of the consultation period and the meeting of the relevant Planning Committee, the responsible Planning Officer will write a report to advise that committee.

It will summarise objections and their response to them. Some may be dismissed and some may be reacted to.

It should be posted on the planning application site among the "Associated Documents".

If you feel that there are legitimate grounds (usually based on PPG/UDP/Policy) to argue with this report, you need to make representation at the committee meeting.

The committee is made up of Councillors and they are reluctant to enter discussion before the meeting, for fear of being accused of pre-determination.

The Planning Officers are usually very approachable in advance and will usually answer questions to explain their report or your objections.

The art is in asking the right questions.

Thanks for your advice on this, i have been reading the council website quite a bit regarding the UDP/SPP policy for this area, there is a lot of info there! There are quite a number of points raised in this info about building near protected waterways, building in the greenbelt or its borders, protecting major streams and rivers (shire brook is named as major) and protecting sheffield historical sights etc, and the sight in question did once house a crushing house when there was mining, and a railway that went under birley moor road. The area is not quite in the shire brook valley land marked as a protected nature conservation area, but its right on the border of it according the the conservation area rangers map.

You seem to know a fair amount about planning permission, thanks for your input and advice so far!

Stefy im about to do a letter drop on Wingfield to promote some awareness of this as im sure not everyone knows about it yet, and im sure people would want to know!

just an update, 2 of the businesses on the industrial estate have objected and their letters can now be seen on the council website along side all the others.

I sent my objection in last week (Thursday) by email but its not appearing online yet :confused:

just an update, 2 of the businesses on the industrial estate have objected and their letters can now be seen on the council website along side all the others.

Thanks adgieman, got your mail drop. fingers crossed a few more objections come through to the council. I have e-mailed mine today, Asked Adam Chapman for a reply to confirm he rec'd it, which he has.

Good news about the haulage firms puttin in objections. Heard today the land has been sold at Rileys.. Why have there been no for sale signs up?

Have you ever heard of Georgic PLC? I have tried look on the net for them with no luck. Only noticed at the top of the application online it mentions "affordable housing" whats that mean.?:confused:

FINGERS CROSSED.

I think that the applicant is probably Georgica plc.

Always amused how multi-million companies can't spell!

Georgica had or still have an interest in Rileys.

i believe it may be georgica too, as i could find no info what so ever about georgic plc.

i found out some info about them but not much. there isnt much info about their agent either, except they are a set of solicitors with links to architects and other agency's they use to get planning permission before commencing builds. having a look a their past builds, they look live private housing, multi storey etc etc to maximise profit to land ratio. (google is your friend!)

i have had a couple of email responses to my letters saying they had emailed adam chapman, and most of peoples reactions when i mentioned it to passing people in the street was not one of support, and several people had said they had already objected via email to adam chapman.

according to Rileys (manager i think he was) they collected over 400 signatures in petition, and the squash club had a petition too with a fair number of signatures on it, that got sent in a few days ago.

im currently working on a document showing a few areas where their plan doesnt meet the councils UDP, and the fact the posted planing permission sign, sits on a lampost up birley vale avenuue, NOY on "prominent" display....... slime

looks like i was right in saying a lot of our neighbours had no idea about this, last night 6 or 7 people have sent in emails to adam chapman and have just appeared on the website. lets hope there are some more today!

here is a pic of where the lamp post planning permission ina "prominent" place, thats not even opposite the local facilities

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd284/adgieman/planpost.jpg

HI, really pleased about the petition and the comments on line so far. Well done you for doing some digging about. I was away the week commencing the 21st July, my husband called me to say someone down our road had seen a sign on a lamp post being attached to a lamppost, (needless to say we weren't impressed with what we read) but not the one you have photographed. It was the one further up on the pavement in front of the carpark. But a couple of weeks ago it looked like it had been pulled off.

But you are right what a stupid place to put up a letter.

I think the letter from a lady in Rotherham is ACE she must be a squash club member. I didn't realise Rileys had something to do with the squash club, makes you wonder if they were planning this all along. :rant:

its not the houses its the look at sheer size of it, look at the plans then judge for yourself.

xx

To be honest think you're lucky. If you see the size of the new retirement complex at Woodhouse where local residents are now overlooked by flats giving them no privacy in their gardens at all.