Planning Application In Intake S12.

yes you are correct and i have seen the list and diagrams, what i want to know is WHY i wasnt on it, i overlook the whole area too, i may not back onto it but it certainly affects me and my home.

i have just submitted an email to councillor bryan lodge

Have you seen the letter in the documents labelled something like 'consultation responses'?

There is one from a Council Planning Officer that states that the proposed heights are unnacceptable and based upon the surrounding residences, the development should be limited to 2 or 2.5 stories.

thanks, i have been trying to get in that section all day, all i get is no details for all entries. 2-2.5 stories is a huge relief as long as its restricted to that ill be quite happy :thumbsup: thanks for that info

If you want to have any success with objections, you need to do your homework and make sure that your objections are valid within the planning regulations.

Developers and planners have been known to 'cherry pick' within the range of guidelines and you can sometimes find guidelines/policies that may contradict their claims.

You need to look at Planning Policy Guidelines (PPG 3 is for Housing) and Council development policies which can be found in their UDP/SDF documents.

If you are going to oppose the construction then petition for an independant wildlife survey eg Newts in the stream and number of wild birds, also try to propose a link to the 'shirebrook valley' scheme ie a walk way to connect them as the steam feeds into this. shirebrook website will give you the general idea's to combat this planning application.

you can also state that if such a scheme (the walkway one) would bring educational oppertunities to the local junior schools (intake,gleadless,birley spa and birley) as the kids can learn and develop on local wildlife and enviroment which is part of the school curiculam.

these are just a few of the ideas you can start with and am sure people will sign.

thanks, i have been trying to get in that section all day, all i get is no details for all entries. 2-2.5 stories is a huge relief as long as its restricted to that ill be quite happy :thumbsup: thanks for that info

Hi, thats a relief if its correct. I have just finished typing my objection and will be mailing it to them this week.

Let me know if you get an reply from the councillor, i live on wingfield also and are none to happy with the plans.

x

Hi, thats a relief if its correct.

Read all the documents.

There is another letter from another Planning Officer that seems to imply that more stories would be OK if they were lower in the valley maintaining a top height that doesn't come higher than the surrounding residences.

Cherry picking?

Between the closing of the consultation period and the meeting of the relevant Planning Committee, the responsible Planning Officer will write a report to advise that committee.

It will summarise objections and their response to them. Some may be dismissed and some may be reacted to.

It should be posted on the planning application site among the "Associated Documents".

If you feel that there are legitimate grounds (usually based on PPG/UDP/Policy) to argue with this report, you need to make representation at the committee meeting.

The committee is made up of Councillors and they are reluctant to enter discussion before the meeting, for fear of being accused of pre-determination.

The Planning Officers are usually very approachable in advance and will usually answer questions to explain their report or your objections.

The art is in asking the right questions.

There is a petition in Rileys

or you can email

Adam.chapman@sheffield.gov.uk

ref no. 08/02598/ful

Hi Julie

When you say contact Adam Chapman at sheffield.gov.uk, do you mean he has the petion their also.

Why have Rileys got a petition, I thoughh they were selling it?

I have just read the comments so far online, one of them, I think from the newer houses are Birley Vale said they would prefer these flats and houses than have empty buildings to look at, as Riley's are selling the building.

xx

Hi Julie

When you say contact Adam Chapman at sheffield.gov.uk, do you mean he has the petion their also.

Why have Rileys got a petition, I thoughh they were selling it?

I have just read the comments so far online, one of them, I think from the newer houses are Birley Vale said they would prefer these flats and houses than have empty buildings to look at, as Riley's are selling the building.

xx

Don't really know much. OH went to Rileys last night & they are giving out little tickets with the email & info re the petition.

Will query further with hubby when he finishes work.

Adam Chapman is the lead Planning Officer at Sheffield City Council for handling this application.

Objections will be reviewed/coordinated by him.