Couple forced to live in car...

Sounds like you're offering to put them up to me Albert. Have you got some off road parking going spare? Unfortunately there's little I can offer other than pearls of wisdom, starting with "sell the cars".

No I can't offer to put them up or offer off the road parking. If they sold the Cars, which probably they don't own, they could be worse off.

It is help and guidance that this couple need, or you, I and a lot of others, will be paying a fair old bill for alternative accommodation shortly.

The vectra looks to be a facelift model and even if it isn't should sell it and move into temp accomodation

Amazing how the photgraph is taken inside the car and not showing it's true value

No I can't offer to put them up or offer off the road parking. If they sold the Cars, which probably they don't own, they could be worse off.

It is help and guidance that this couple need, or you, I and a lot of others, will be paying a fair old bill for alternative accommodation shortly.

As usual Albert it would be too much to expect anything of substance to come via your keyboard. How can anyone be better off funding two cars? I'd love to see how you do the maths on this one. Does petrol, car tax and insurance come free and lets just speculate for one moment, then there's the ongoing finance? What do they do then? If they can't afford to run them, do they let them sit on the road and watch them depreciate? I'd bet my last rollo, by giving them up this family would suddenly find money to pay for things they struggled to before, like a roof over their head and yes perhaps even presents for the kids at Xmas.

As for everyone picking up their bill for housing, I don't think so. It's a story fabricated to pretend that they're victims of the "credit crunch" rather than just aknowledging they're crap at budgeting and living beyond their means. Sadly,theirs nothing novel about their predicament. They'd have better spent their time seeking advice than spending it posing for a picture.

in the story it says that family hav offerd to help but they didnt wnat to be split up, its only temporary who wud make their kids live in a acr as if, just want attention get real.

No doubt ff we question why she's preggers again we'll have the new age loony left politically correct brigade stamping down on us for having the audacity to suggest her human rights should be compromised and that the state should bail her out!

I don't think there's anyone on the forum (or ever has been) that think people have a right to have children they can't support.

I don't think there's anyone on the forum (or ever has been) that think people have a right to have children they can't support.

The solution is that they agree to accept guildance in return for finding them a home to live as a family unit. Within a very short time, I believe that they would be independant.

I think there are, this is a major problem in that there are plenty of people saying that everyone has the right to have children regardless of their circumstances thus causing a huge drain on the welfare state.

*Yivvy* are you saying you're living in a car, because if you read my post I was directing the lack of sense at the family in the Star. Taking on debt, a sub prime mortgage, owning two cars and dare I say having another child are hardly the sign of people thinking responsibly when money is tight. I could go on....making assumptions that they would be entitled to Council Housing and then there's going to the Star.

I'd also point out that you don't know my experience of housing.

i wasnt judgeing you all i said was people shouldnt go around judgeing others unless they know first hand about the type of problems they are having ,not unlike others on here who are doing just that about me.

Yivvy, when you lost your home, were you given priority as a homeless family? If you were, have you been bidding on every property of the right size?

There hasn't been a points system in Sheffield for a long time. I assume that you mean you've built up waiting time. People get properties with much less than 17 years waiting time.

Sheffield Homes are advertising 19 3 bedroomed properties this week. 11 are for various types of priority case, but 8 are for people with waiting time. Some are advertised as expecting the successful applicants to have between 4-6 years waiting time, up to 15-20 years. With 17 years, you could bid for all of those as you fit the criteria. There will have been other properties like this advertised since you lost your home - what happened when you bid on them? (Assuming you did.)

unless you dont know there is a very high demand for council properties yes we have bidded every week since being homeless no we were told we stood a better chance of getting somewhere by using our time.we have bidded for properties with waiting time an with priority .we have been offered 3 .1st was a fire damaged one that got set on fire again whilst geeting repaired so we were advised to turn it down as we could be waiting months,2nd has sitting tenants we waited for 3 months to be told it was going to court and could take another 2 months and we are now waiting to view our 3rd this week

i wasnt judgeing you all i said was people shouldnt go around judgeing others unless they know first hand about the type of problems they are having ,not unlike others on here who are doing just that about me.

Thanks for this. The shame is that the family in the car story in my opinion detracts from cases of genuine need, and should be seen for what it is, a crude attempt to queue jump or circumvent the local authority's statutory obligations.

Has anyone looked at Yivvys previous posts?

Things just don't add up. :huh:

im very new to this site i was told it was a good place to go on.but yet you are judgeing me whom you have not anything to do with and are telling people to look at my posts cos thing dont add up why ?????? just cos i asked about high green just a well i did cos me and my family could be all burnt to death in our beds and cos my son wants another laptop which i might add HE BOUGHT HIMSELF.

he has little job and save his money well .but why im explaining myself to you i dont know.

Are you living in a car?