can you remember chris who used to go around with Denis senior/he had very bad arthritis and died a few years ago/also there was a little chap I think he had done a bit of boxing dont recall his name.

chris benson might be the arthritis one, jacky hudson may be the ex boxer .

back onto denis , i still see him often , he and his family are nice people and good company .as for ray morgan , Ray lives at shortferry and is ok after a heart bypass a few years ago . hope to see deniss today he will be amused to hear about his fame on sheffield forum .

Denis Hobson, what a top guy. His legendery two battles with Joe Durrant (might not have spelt that right, if not sorry Joe), his many set too's with Ray Morgan (another good guy, bloody tough though), but if you just wanted his company he was as nice as pie. Any aspiring 'gun slinger' enevitably came into contact with him, most wish that they hadn't. :help:

I remember Morgan catching up with Dennis once in the car park of the Chequers at Coal Aston, there was only one punch thrown but it cleaved poor ol' Dennis clean over the front of a Transit Van he was just about to get into.

In all my years I've only seen two guys bend an old style penny flat in half between just fore finger and thumb Morgan was one of them, about five foot one in all directions:D

i knew all these guys... ray morgan , bob green, alan hardy the late mick chrich and the late alfie hales i used to work at montgomery hotel in the 80s and had the pleasure of meeting them all

i knew all these guys... ray morgan , bob green, alan hardy the late mick chrich and the late alfie hales i used to work at montgomery hotel in the 80s and had the pleasure of meeting them all

Mick Chrich, was he known as 'Big Mick' bounced at the Penthouse with a guy called John ?, half sister went out with John guy who was a bit of a nutter, they were friends with Alan Kilby.

Hi gailhobson

I assume you are related to Denis? Perhaps you could let him know that a friend from years ago (Don Mallinder) passed away about 18 months ago.

Thanks

Hi gailhobson

I assume you are related to Denis? Perhaps you could let him know that a friend from years ago (Don Mallinder) passed away about 18 months ago.

Thanks

Hi AnnieDD,i am related to Denis yes,i will let him know for you

Hi gailhobson

Thanks

Hello again AnneDD,i just spoke to Denis on the phone and passed your message on to him,he remembered the name straight away and says he is very sorry to hear that he has passed away and thank you for letting him know.

hi gail, i knew both young andrew and dennis ,some times see dennis senior at yorkshire bank on darnall he still looks well how old is he now,

Hi jennyren,yes our Dennis has still got the club and gym on worksop road :)

will have to pop in and see him sometime.thanks gail:thumbsup:

Thanks for that Gail - they go back a long way!

Hi gail, when you next speak to Dennis Jnr. would you give him my regards.It,s a long time since he used to come into our yard at Renishaw with that clapped out old wagon. Tell him Lol sends his best wishes and up the Blades:hihi:

I used to go in the Montgomery when you worked there and knew all these plus JB and loads more.

Very good times indeed.